Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Slab injuries???

Be honest. How many of you have injured yourselves cracking slabs open. I've cut the piss out of myself a few years back cracking a PCGS slab. Just short of stitches. One hell of a deep, bloody, and long laceration.image
Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One cut. One piece of plastic eye shrapnel.

Both fortunately minor. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    I got some plastic eye shrapnel when I was drilling holes through the middle of coins while in PCGS slabs as a joke. (They were junk coins)
  • Options
    I was hit with the slab after detonation.
    imageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    If I interpret this correctly, I think ShuShubat was trying to crack a slab and broke all of his typing fingers.
    imageimage
  • Options
    MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    Good time to remind everyone to wear safety glasses!
    Mark
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good time to remind everyone to wear safety glasses! >>

Very good point!!! Its tough to enjoy coins when you loose your eye sight.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i> >>

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    I use a bench vice for my cracking duties......I tighten very slowly then I start to hear the cracking sound, then *BOOM* the shattering explosion and its all over, Plastic usually flies all over the place.....ANACS are the easist to crack, I heard SEGS is the hardest, I am fixing to find out I just bought an 1886 MS64DMPL Morgan in a SEGS and am gonna crack it out to cross the PCGS, I am guessing it will go 63PL.... put hell i picked it up for $78......

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    SEGS are thick and tough. Cut myself with tin snips trying to get into one. PVC pipe cutters work well. No major injury.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    - Groucho Marx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file