Home U.S. Coin Forum

Poll: Do you plan to buy a coin at/from the summer ANA show?

RYKRYK Posts: 35,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
Despite that I will not be able to attend, I plan to buy one or two coins from an ANA auction or a coin acquired at the pre-ANA or ANA from dealer inventory after the show. I hope to add to my Dahlonega and/or New Orleans gold collections, possibly a cool $3 or PCGS Fr-2 Oregon gold coin!

How about you? Do you expect to make an ANA purchase, and what do you think it might be?

Comments

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I'm already getting my wish list all set.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what I find when I am there. I will go home with some new books no matter what.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a cool gold coin. Maybe a Pioneer? Clark and Gruber, Kellogg?
    Collecting since 1976.
  • ReeceReece Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    I plann to be at all auctions, hope to pick up a couple nice NO gold for my collection, by the way RYK I see the ANR auction has a nice PCGS AU55 1841-0 $10.!!image
    RWK
  • jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Certainly, and most likely from auctions image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Summer is the best time to pick up deals on coins, so I'm watching the auctions closely. ANA brings out some nice coins.
    morgannut2
  • ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    Yes.

I always have my checkbook with me, the issue is whether there will be anything available that I want to own.

I suspect there will be at most one or two coins that I want, and there will be three or four other collectors circling around them like a pack of wild Hyenas (though with laptops and carrying tattered reference material).
  • I too am looking to get 2-3 branch mint gold pieces around the ANA show from either the auctions or dealer buys around the show.
    ...AlaBill
  • MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    Nope, it cost a bit just to get out there. I'm going there for fun and the PCGS grading contest. I plan on buying nothing.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • My wife and I are going. I asked her, " How'd you like to go to San Francisco for vacation?", and it worked. I will be looking for a coin or 2. Its not too late Robert, come on out.
  • CalGoldCalGold Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    Well I don't know. While the market for classic rarities continues to rise steadily, the market for the garbage I collect--Morgan widgets--seems to be going south. I might be better off waiting until the wolf is at the dealers' doors before buying. On the other hand, if I find a starving wannabe with a PQ speciment of one of the dates I have been looking for I might bite before the other wolves devour him.

CG
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I hope RYK and Alabill have some deep pockets. I think that Longacre is going to loosen the purse strings.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope RYK and Alabill have some deep pockets. I think that Longacre is going to loosen the purse strings.

Since you could not get me anything from The Gentleman's Collection, all that capital--and more--is being rolled over for the ANA!
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    Negative Ghost Rider, The Pattern Is FULL!

TorinoCobra71

• FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I plan to look. Never been to a big show before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file