Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anyone Remember, article on coin dealer in Humble TX in trouble.....

MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone remember an article in the last few months about a coin dealer in Humble, Texas who was in trouble. (fraud,theft, don't know?) I have been scanning coin mags. for the last hour or two and can't seem to find the article. The reason I ask is because I just had someone from Humble TX, who has a coin website, win several of my ebay auctions.

Any help would be appreciated. I am a little nervous because these are my very first auctions.

Thanks
Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.

Comments

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    As I recall, the accusation was that Brent Bogus (Eagle Numismatics, I believe) had stolen one or more coins from other dealers. I think one incident was alleged to have happened at a Long Beach show.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    I used to live there many years ago, it's a suburb of Houston on the Northeast side.

By the way, it's actually pronounced "umble", the H is silent.

I wasn't aware of any retail coin shop in that area.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭✭
    The whole reason I remember the article was because I grew up a few miles down the road in Kingwood, TX. I live in New Orleans now and have not been to Humble in years but it was my stomping grounds in my youth.
    Collecting Peace Dollars and Modern Crap.
  • Options
    Brett Bogus. There was a thread going here awhile back about it. The last that I heard that was public information was that he was fighting extradition to CA.

Jerry
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345
    So, he's bogus?image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file