Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1994 finest shaq o'neal card??

I have this card pictured below mine is not graded. but it does have the protector coating on it. just wondering what is the book value of this card? i know what it went for on ebay but that is a psa 10. which mine might be, but having the coating still on it make any difference?image

Comments

• Options
    High beckett is 100. As far as the coating is concerned, I've heard it makes the card more valuable. The key word being heard, so I'm not 100%. Hope this helps image
    Ryan
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    if i send it in for grading, smarter to leave coating on? i mean do they grade it with the coating on the card? well i guess a 10 is a 10 coating shouldnt make it an 11 LOL.
  • Options
    Let me look through my pm's. I had talked to someone about a Garnett finest rookie and he said they were harder to get 9's/10's with the coating on, supposedly making them more valueable. But his were graded WITH the coating, so maybe thats why he had said it image. LOL doubt it but I'll double check for ya.

Editted to add: pm's only go back to the last 20 I guess, I can find it. Maybe he'll see this and reply though image.

Editted again to add: I looked through a few and the ones with coating say W.coating below the name. Maybe it just says that and there isn't a difference in price?

Editted for the last time: The more I looked through completed auctions it seems there really is no difference. Shrug, lol. GL with the card image
    Ryan
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    KUHLMANNS SHAQ
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    thanks lothar. well thats it centering looks great to me? Would this be considered one of shaq's best cards then? his rookies dont sell for much. How many prints of this card are out there if anyone knows?

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Chris
    Are you going to send the card in for grading? I bought a box in 94 and never opened it - laying in the closed depreciating!

Good luck if you send it in
    My understanding from a longs ways back - card worth more if keep the protective cover on. What the current trend is - don't know.

I actually just wanted to say Hi!!!
    mike
    Mike