Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NEW YORK INVITATIONAL DAY 2 THURSDAY

CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was there all afternoon, bourse seemed very quiet to me, I didnt see a lot of buying going on and the public turnout seemed small. A few major dealers who were on the floor plan apparently didn''t show. Several dealers commented to me that they were not doing well at this show.

I saw some amazing coins in Angel Dee's case, and Contursi's case, but many of the coins in cases were recognizable from websites. If there was a lot of dealer activity yesterday, it must have been to fill want lists as the coins are not making it to the retail venue.

The Cardinal auction was exciting with very strong prices for all the coins, far over current retail prices. Did anyone else have a different opinion of the show today?
Dr Mikey
Commems and Early Type

Comments

• Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    ttt
  • Options
    Thank you for the report on the NY invitational commenDude. I hope these dealers won't disappear for the Friday crowd. My understanding is that this show will be closed for the weekend. Not a very smart move as I see it. The promoters of this show should have kept Saturday open as an option for working collectors who cannot attend during the week. matteproof
    Remember Lots Wife
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Toneddollars and I were at the show all morning (we had to leave a bit earlier than anticipated) and agree with CommemDude's comments that the show was not busy.

It was very easy to navigate down the aisles.

This seemed more like a dealer to dealer trade show, as opposed to a "public" coin show, in my opinion. It looked like there was plenty of dealer to dealer activity and the very light public turnout seemed to promote more of that activity, as no one really had to be behind their tables. No one seemed to mind this fact either.

I sold a fair amount of coins to dealers, more than I had anticipated. I should have brought more material, but that's another story.....image I bought a few things, but a lot of the material offered at this show was just a touch higher end for what I need at the local shows etc.

The train ride in was fairly harmless and we'll probably make the trip for the show again next year. The train ride home, a bit more chaotic, but..........that's life. image

CommemDude, email sent. image

BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file