Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Morgan Registry - California I

The number one set - California I has updated and is almost a complete point higher than the number two set. Almost a complete point higher than the number two set is unbelievable. On average every coin in the number one set is a 66.

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen many of the coins in that set; the grades of many of them make my head spin.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing some of them before he bought them.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Hey RKB you are the one that knock me back to number 28 in the morgans with varities. Happy collecting and good luck with your climb to the top.
    Rex
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    I've never seen them, in fact I wonder if the California Morgan Sets even exist outside of a pile of old PCGS paper inserts. image
    morgannut2
  • Options
    I've seen all five of his sets. Not only does he really have the coins, he also has lots and lots of extras.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've never seen them, in fact I wonder if the California Morgan Sets even exist outside of a pile of old PCGS paper inserts. image >>

I have seen the coins and the money paid for them. If they are now inserts, they are very expensive inserts.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    rest assured these coins and inserts exist............
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    OK-the owner shows some dealers and collectors his coins and has chosen not to photo display his accomplishment. That's fine, but what is the point of listing five sets instead of the one best? I assume no one wants to be compared with Hetty Green's son who sadly was emotionally scarred by the "Witch of WallStreet" and amassed duplicates of many rarities? There must be some logical reason for all five sets being listed, but it escapes me.
    morgannut2
  • Options
    I think the reason for all five sets being listed is that he has five sets that kick butt.

From what I hear, it appears he may have more, but not listed them.
  • Options
    Last time I looked, there was no Set Registry requirement that any of us have to justify what or how we collect. There's also no limit on the number of sets one person can list. I tip my hat to him for his accomplishment.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    I'm sure if you had the sets that he has you would list all of them also. You should worry about your own set and try to get the best set you can and not worry about what someone else has because you can't beat it.
  • Options
    aw yes llyod bought some of my best coins which were the best of the best to start with

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options
    numonebuyernumonebuyer Posts: 2,136
    I wonder how many Morgans are owned by the collector who has the California "series" of registry sets?