Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Thanks pcgs and congratulations Am. Eagle collectors

The Complete American Eagle Collection is a great way to view of all of your Am. Eagles on one page. Thanks pcgs.
And congratulations to Sterling's Complete Set of Eagles, which looks to take first place in this, the first year of this 270 coin set.
Interestingly, the collectors on this list who list their "other reg. sets" have varied interests, registering many modern and classics sets.
Look at "registrants other sets"

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve: Congrats to you as well on this set:

Great Accomplishment

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Not to mention this one:

Super job!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Leonardo must be having a sh!t fit. >>

My thoughts as well, but I was afraid to bring it up. image
  • Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. That's a pretty impressive set.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    Steve,

I see the "Heller Collection" takes the high ground once again, in a very historic and important coin category!

Nice to relish days like today.

Scott
  • Options
    Thank you guys. It makes me proud to be a part of another group of fine collectors.
    And congrats to the BBpM number one collection as well! image
    With only one single coin available for improvement to "PCGS Perfect"...The BBpM Set
    ps. Cough it up Leo. image
  • Options
    steve

great job on all those headlights....when i get to see them i will bring my sun glasses...make that my welding hood

monsterman
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language
  • Options
  • Options
    "Steve, I see the "Heller Collection" takes the high ground once again, in a very historic and important coin category! Nice to relish days like today. Scott"

Scott: Well said. I agree that the $100 Plat coinage is a "very historic and important coin category". I believe this is the only $100 coin issued in the history of our country. And, for those who could care less about the MS70 or PR70 grade - consider this...

A coin like the 2001 $100 PROOF PLAT in this collection (and the 04 mintage and is even lower than this - I just don't have the figures handy) has a worldwide mintage of a scant 8,900 coins. THIS TRANSLATES TO JUST 178 COINS AVAILABLE FOR EACH OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (AND -0- FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD) IN ALL GRADES!! It's not all that easy to try to "fit the mold" of a common modern in the case of these babies!

Wondercoin
  • Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,333
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,333
    Mitch or Steve,

One of you or both may want to reply to a Scott Casey, whose Open Letter to NGC and PCGS in the July 12th issue of Numismatic News, maybe of interest to you guys. He basically berates NGC and PCGs for slabbing bullion and selling them on TV.

Quote from his rant:

"No reputable numismatic dealer is going to try to steal $300.00 for a perfect MS-70 Silver American Eagle"

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I flip through those channels sometimes. It looks to me like every single item they sell, slabbed or not, is about $300 overpriced. image
  • Options
    Bill: I do not get Numismatic News, but, interestingly enough PCGS stopped grading MS70 Silver Eagles 4 or so years ago due to the unfortunate reality that those particular coin planchets spot over time.

Wondercoin.