Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1978 OPC Pete Rose PSA 10

I am new to this board and I just received this back from PSA. Do you think the printed SMR value of $600 is accurate?

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I think its only worth about $50...do you take paypal? image

Honestly, you never know with SMR, but there is only one way to find out...try and sell the puppy.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Are you a Charlie Batch fan? Are the OPC baseball cards rough cut like the hockey cards?

Stingray
  • Options

Sting,

I bought a 77 set and they were all rough cut so I would guess the 78's are too.

You may be the only Charlie Batch fan I have ever come across...Is he still in Pittsburgh?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Well all I know is we had high hopes for him since he played his college ball at Eastern Michigan and was drafted by the Lions, we had Scott Mitchell before him. What a pansy he was.

Stingray
  • Options

A 6'5" 250 pound pansy at that
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    I dont know about the SMR....$600 might be high...but didn't a Topps PSA 10 just go for a bunch??
    I own a bunch of OPCs. Not all of them have rough cuts. In fact, most (of mine) don't.
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
  • Options
    I am a Charlie Batch fan....at least I have little competition for stuff on ebay....actually I talk to him once evry few months. He is doing fine and signed a 1-yr. deal with the Steelers this spring. Sometimes OPC baseball are rough cut, sometimes not....it's a crapshoot at best to get decent, especially well centered cards.
  • Options
    still in Pittsburgh
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Charlie!!

Nice card....about the SMR - it's a guide and that's about it....if a couple of Rose collectors need it....anything is possible.

Good luck and thanx for sharing it! Congratulations on the 10. Are you planning on selling? Are you a Rose collector?

mike

Mike
  • Options
    Not sure if I am going to sell it or not....it is the only 78 OPC Rose graded a 10.....may keep it for awhile to see if he gets re-instated to baseball and induction to the HOF.
  • Options

Charlie-

I think the time to sell is when it IS a 1/1. As soon as there is a second one out there(and that's just a matter of time) these collectors, and I am using that term loosely, won't pay as much because they want a 1/1. JMHO...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    This card is listed at $300 in SMR and I paid about $175. It's 1 of 2. I hope that helps.