Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

To Positive, Neutral or Negative??????

Just recently I saw a World In Arms card, on Ebay, that was described as NM/Mt. It looked beautifull. The opening bid was 0.99. Looking carefully at the scan I was about 99% sure that the card was trimmed. To me it was playing a Lotto ticket - bet a buck and lose. So I bid a dollar and won the auction. Got the card and sure enough it was trimmed.
I left positive feedback since I got what I expected a trimmed card for $1.00 ( Worth it to me). But since then I've had second thoughts - the seller did not describe the card as trimmed. Did I do the right thing (By giving a positive). Any thoughts or observations?
30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me

Comments

• Options
    Maybe the seller didnt know it was trimmed? If you would have asked him, before the end of the auction, if he thought it was trimmed and he would have told you definitely not, then I would return the card and neg him. But if you didnt ask before, I dont think a neg would be in order.

Ive seen many sets listed as MINT on ebay and got burned when a couple were not as such. Since then I have asked the sellers about the exact condition of the edges and corners and so on before I have made a serious bid. It has saved a lot of time and effort of returning cards (especially when many of them are from overseas).

Just my two cents.
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    don't leave feedback at all on that one. Since you thought the card was trimmed by the pic, you knew it was a longshot, so why leave negative? I guess the flipside is that this guy may sell only trimmed cards to the unsuspecting ebayers. I don't know maybe a neutral.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Well, as a heavy Sports Memorabilia seller on eBay, my thoughts are:

It would depend on your correspondence.
    If no e-mail back and forth, and you expected it was trimmed, then you got exactly what you expected. The seller did nothing wrong, and sold it for $0.99, no biggie. No games, no obvious deceit.

If you had asked before bidding, then the comments of the seller would determine the action. If they said definitely not trimmed and you got it trimmed, then it was deceit, and deserves a negative.

The other contributing factor is the actions AFTER the auction.
    Did you notify the seller that the card was trimmed and what was their response.
    If the seller offered to have you send the card back and offered to give you a full refund, then they stood behind what they sold, and deserve a positive feedback.
    If they were difficult, then a neutral.
    If they would not stand behind their item at all, or were nasty, then a negative.

Some people are quick to leave a neutral or negative. that is not always fair to the seller,
    you should always give them a chance to "do the right thing".

P.S. You have bought several cards from me recently, thanks!! Mine were all graded PSA cards. image
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Bob - nice to see you on this board. I like to have legitimate sellers posting here; it gives some of us lunatic buyers, who expect to turn every raw purchase into a 10, an opportunity to hear how it is on the "other" side.

As far as warhound's seller, I say shred him with an AK47 and leave the pieces in a field of coyotes.

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome....

As for things to come:

I'll have many more cards up soon.
    Putting up some 1959 Top Flight Stars right now, and have some 1941 Superman, 1940 Lone Ranger, T73 Indian Life, Gomer Pyle, Soupy Sales, Star Trek, Man on the Moon, Spec Sheet, Hopalong Cassidy, Dallas, Dick Tracy R41, TV & Radio, & Rails & Sails
    ALL PSA graded cards. yes I will be busy.
    I have almost 2000 cards to list in upcoming weeks (would like it to be days, BUT...) I am a sole-person business, so I can only list so many at a time.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the community Bob.
    I have also made a few purchases from you and look forward to many more in the future!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Wow, nice to see so many of my buyers on here.

• Options
    Hi Bob and Thank You for the great cards I bought from you. The Uncle Sam Home Defense #109, PSA5 - Pop. 1/1 with none higher was very sweet. I'll be watching your future auctions.
    I bought the card from the seller expecting a trimmed card, but only because I knew what to look for. I was concerned that some one else would buy the card expecting a NM/MT card and when they received it would not know it was trimmed. I never contacted the seller about the card (Not worth the time). I left a positive since I got what I expected. The seller never described the card as trimmed. What I was wondering if this was fair to future buyers, from the seller ie should I have made some comment about the trimming of the card.
    30's R Want List:

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    I understand your concern - however, look at it this way: You're the only person in the world who made a decision to obtain that card (unless there was one other bidder who bid the opening bid after you). Given that, there may be no cause for concern regarding others since nobody else paid any attention to it. I'd let it go.

It doesn't pay to be the official "Administrator of Justice" on ebay - it's actually tantamount to road rage when you really check it out. No offense meant here, but I'd say let it go louie. You'll live longer.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Neg him!

nah, actually Id take mark's advice.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Ok, Thanks everyone - I'll put this one to bed. Bob, if you should read this post - THANKS for the great cards I got from you today.
    30's R Want List:

• Options
    Glad you liked the cards.

I just put up more Horrors of War, Superman, Civil War News and Lone Ranger that will start Sunday night.
    I put up a bunch that are running now:
    Man on the Moon, Star Trek, Spec Sheet (9's & 10's!), Flying Nun, Gomer Pyle, Man from Uncle, Rails & Sails,
    Garrison's Gorillas, TV & Radio NBC, Soupy Sales, KISS

I have been busy....

Bob's Neat Stuff eBay STORE