Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Ebay question

I am not an Ebay expert... perhaps someone can answer this simple question: Is the BIN only good until there is a bid or can the seller accept the BIN at any time? I know this is not the best question I have asked but perhaps there are others here who have pondered the same question...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    Dukie101Dukie101 Posts: 1,313
    The BIN is only good until a bid is placed unless there is a reserve on the acution.image
    Larry
  • Options
    finish it off Dukie.........bin stays untill the reserve is met then it's off
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only put a BIN on something that is highly desireable and has a high probability to sell at a good price. Its a waste of time and money to put a BIN on low grade widgets. And then set your BIN just a small increment over your first bid. Its silly to have a starting bid of $1 and a BIN of $80 cuz a $2 bid gets rid of your BIN.
  • Options
    HeywoodHeywood Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    I thought you could add a BIN at a later time.
    A bidder see something he likes that won't end for 5 days, he makes an offer or asks the seller what a BIN would be.
    Coin is sold ( E-bay still get their cut) and the auction states "Auction ended because Item is no longer available"

Am I wrong on this?

A witty saying proves nothing- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)
  • Options
    Hi Coinkat - a couple of links for you.

Buy it now (for sellers)

But it now (for buyers)

Hope these help

Cheers

Andy
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<"I thought you could add a BIN at a later time.
    A bidder see something he likes that won't end for 5 days, he makes an offer or asks the seller what a BIN would be.
    Coin is sold ( E-bay still get their cut) and the auction states "Auction ended because Item is no longer available">>

You could probly add a BIN as long as you follow the rules for editing your listing. If a buyer wants to cut a deal for the coin and you feel that eBay deserves their cut, just add a BIN, notify the interested party when its done, and let him BIN it. The idea of a BIN is to encourage buyers to "pull the trigger" and win the thing rather then hem and haw and puthyfoot around tryin to save a coupla lousy bucks. You see it, you want it ,you BUY IT NOW, end of discussion.