Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When will the madness end

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I'd bet Ted would roll over in his grave if he saw that...

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice, ruin a perfectly good hall of fame plaque. Could they not have used something else that he had autograph?

Stingray
  • Options
    Does poor Ted even have a grave to roll in or is his head still frozen?

I think being put on the same card as a cheating yankee is far more offensive than cutting a hof plaque.

Brian
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice, ruin a perfectly good hall of fame plaque. Could they not have used something else that he had autograph?

Stingray >>

According to the description, it's a HoF plaque postcard, not an actual plaque.
  • Options
    nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    What a complete waste of a nice ted Williams signed HOF postcard. image
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Does poor Ted even have a grave to roll in or is his head still frozen?

I think being put on the same card as a cheating yankee is far more offensive than cutting a hof plaque.

Brian >>

What next, a Ted Williams / Jose Canseco dual autograph?
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Hey, at least Giambi ADMITTED doing steroids, unlike other ex-players whose name will go unmentioned.

Julen
    ______
    Collecting:

1980 Topps: Over 4,000 cards from vending and wax boxes awaiting a giant bonfire
    1969 Topps: 1969 Topps Master # 1 1
    1987 Kraft Dinners Home Plate Heroes
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    DaddyRichDaddyRich Posts: 241 ✭✭
    It's just a crying shame that cards have come to this particular state of degeneracy. Ted was a great ballplayer and deserves better. It's not even an attractive card, somebady at quality control actually looked at this turd and said "excellent! the chumps who buy these will eat it up and some idiot will pay near $400 for it". Just my two pennies worth.
    Rich
    Just glad to be here with everyone.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭

<< <i>and some idiot will pay near $400 for it >>

Actually, someone will probably pay close to $1000 for it. The Griffey/Williams (#3/3) dual sold for $2200. In fact, the guy who bought it has it on ebay in his store right now with a BIN of $2900. I don't know who #2/3 is though, it's Ted and someone else.
  • Options
    I think Teddy Ballgame signed enough in his lifetime that adding a few cut autos to some product won't dry up his signature.
    Sometimes you guys crack me up.It's an autograph.It's not life and death.The sun will rise in the east tomorrow! image
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I think the point is that he is on the same card as Giambi, not the fact that his signature was cut.

They are thinking its like putting Elvis on the same card as Milli Vanilli. Its two things that just shouldn't be put together.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Well that I agree with. I also know that cutting up jersey's and bats rubs many the wrong way on here so I guess that's why I said what I did.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    It's probably not even his signature...there are rampant rumors that his son signed tons of stuff in his dad's name.

• Options
    The point is that Ted Williams is a military veteran, one of the best hitters to ever step into a batter's box, and an American icon and giambi is an admitted cheater, a $$$-whore, and last but not least, a Yankee.

I did not know the man personally, but trust me, if reports on his character and integrity are true, he would not have let this happen if he were living... for ANY amount of scratch.

Giambi couldn't wipe Ted's ass, let alone hold his jock...
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I had an interesting conversation with a friend who has a shop and is also a Bosox fan(I am obviously a yankee fan)
    How many people really want to buy dual cards with Red Sox and Yanks? If you are a Red Sox fan, do you really want a Yankee on your card? If you are a Yankee fan, do you want a Red Sox player on your card?
    I admit, I have no interest in dual team Bosox/Yankee as he doesnt. I think those types of duals are wastes within themselves. Mantle/Williams I might consider. But put Manny and Jeter on a card and I'll pass it by.
  • Options
    I think the proper comparision would be Lou Gehrig with Jeremy Giambi image

I agree though, the concept makes zero sense.

Brian
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does poor Ted even have a grave to roll in or is his head still frozen?

Brian >>

What next, a Ted Williams / Jose Canseco dual autograph? >>

How about a 1/1 Auto/Relic card of a signed syringe by Mark McGwire/Jose Canseco?
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    That's ashame, because Ted Williams signatures are among the rarest in all of baseball (it was rumored he only signed a few hundred in his lifetime before passing away).

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's ashame, because Ted Williams signatures are among the rarest in all of baseball (it was rumored he only signed a few hundred in his lifetime before passing away). >>

Mike
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    You wish he did!

Stingray
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Does poor Ted even have a grave to roll in or is his head still frozen? >>

Actually his head is spinning. image