Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone dealt w/ Red Zone Sports Cards?

Was looking at a few of their auctions and wanted to see if anyone had any info. For all I know they are on these boards, but I just wanted to see if anyone has bought from them before. Were the conditon they stated accurate. Any info is appreciated.
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    offered a full refund! There is a start. I bought some real nice 55 bowmans that I thught could be trimmed. Her offered a full refund but I heard god things so I kept the. Never sent em in to be graded.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's the same folks as shaqful...

in any case, nothing but great experiences from Red Zone. Fast, friendly etc.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    UH-OH! I bought my cards from shaqfu, but the shipping address was RED ZONE.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Yeah, same peeps. Ebay id is shaqfu but in the auction it says Red Zone. Thanks for the feedback guys...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Won one auction from them a long time ago. Very sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow on delivery. Never again.
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Red Zone is Shaqfu1... any raw cards from them are highly likely to be trimmed. Used to sell tons of trimmed cards in GEM holders, not sure if they still do that, but I would only recommend purchasing PSA cards from them.
  • Options
    Interesting to see this post come up as I 've always been wary of Red Zone / shaqfu1 . Over a period of months, he seemed to have an endless supply of near mint vintage lots. I could never understand how one guy always had 300-500 cards from virtually any late 60s/early 70s set in such good conditions, when it was rare to find other lots in such high grade. I always thought that surely he must not take the time to trim 500 cards, but then again, the consistently "better-than-everyone-else-could-sell" conditions - in such huge quantities - made me wonder. I've never purchased anything from him so I don't know anything for sure. Just wondering.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Red Zone is Shaqfu1... any raw cards from them are highly likely to be trimmed. Used to sell tons of trimmed cards in GEM holders, not sure if they still do that, but I would only recommend purchasing PSA cards from them. >>

I agree strongly - and, I was wondering where all the GEM graded stuff went from their recent auctions? The raw lots they have up are sure to be trimmed, EX-MT, or just plain not gradeable.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    My only transaction with shaqfu/redzone was for 20 different psa 8 1965 topps and i was very pleased with the outcome.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bought a '65 from him - a tad weak for the grade, but the price reflected that, no problems here.

brian