Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

? for Hockey collectors

I got a few hockey cards a few weeks back, and they looked gradeable so I sent them in. I thin they are all commons except for Dryden, but I have no idea what they would sell/trade for as I am looking to move them because it simply "Is not my bag, baby."

1971 Jim Papin PSA 8
1978 Ken Dryden PSA8
1978 Mapleleafs Team PSA 9
1978 Jerry Korab PSA 8
1978 Guy Lapointe PSA 9
1978 Stanley Cup Semis PSA 9

Just to reitterate, I am looking for opinions on vlaue and am not looking for a trade here, but I trust your opinions and would like some knowledge before I do try and strike a deal. Thanks for any input.

zef
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    NHL strike certainly has not benefitted the current value of most Hockey cards.
    Welcome World Wonderful > sportscardsgraded.us
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Take a look at these completed auctions for PSA graded '78 hockey cards.. $3... $5..

You can expect $10 for the 1971 Jim Papin PSA 8
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    You didn't specify whether these are OPC or Topps, but there really isn't much demand for late 70's hockey in anything other than PSA 10, which is still relatively rare.

The Dryden might fetch you $10-20, and will the 9's maybe $10, but the 1978 PSA 8's really aren't worth the cost of grading, unfortunately.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You didn't specify whether these are OPC or Topps, but there really isn't much demand for late 70's hockey in anything other than PSA 10, which is still relatively rare. >>

PSA 9s (OPCs anyway) are sufficient to extract a lot of demand. Mint 1979-80 OPC is the highest demand of late '70s product.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

They are Topps.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>PSA 9s (OPCs anyway) are sufficient to extract a lot of demand. Mint 1979-80 OPC is the highest demand of late '70s product. >>

Very true. I was thinking specifically to 1974 through 1978 issues. 1979 is an exception with the attractive but tough blue borders.
  • Options
    EXAMPLE
    This all-PSA 9 lot failed to sell despite a minimum bid of only $4 per card.