Home Sports Talk
Options

Get out the microscopes

You will need it to see Mariano's miniscule 0.94 ERA. This guy is pitching better than ever.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>You will need it to see Mariano's miniscule 0.94 ERA. This guy is pitching better than ever. >>

And where were you when he was blowing saves against the red sox?

Just another typical 'yankees rule' post that come out of your mouth whenever win a game...pretty soon you'll be saying Giambi is 'back' because he's had a couple game winning hits in the last 2 weeks.

Typical bandwagon yankee fan...I bet had you been at that game against the mets saturday, you'd have been yelling 'let's go mets!' too.

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
  • Options
    Ooh 31 whole innings! What a great indicator of his season.

How about Roger Clemens' 115 innings pitched and his 1.41 ERA.

You think Mariano would have this ERA if his yankees didn't suck so bad and actually had save opps for him? I think not.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I am amazed that BJ Ryan, who has been the best reliever in the AL this season, lost out to the hype of Rivera for the All-Star team. Bad choice made there.
  • Options

<< <i>I am amazed that BJ Ryan, who has been the best reliever in the AL this season, lost out to the hype of Rivera for the All-Star team. Bad choice made there. >>

It's the big market bias playing a role (again).

How many bad choices in all-star, gold glove, whatever are made simply because of a bigger name in a bigger market?

• Options
    <<I am amazed that BJ Ryan, who has been the best reliever in the AL this season>>

Speaking of BJ, the Yankees were responsible for lifting his ERA a WHOPPING 1.20 points today from, 1.62 to 2.82. 4 Earned runs in 2/3 of an inning:

Totally Un-Mariano like.
  • Options

<< <i>Totally Un-Mariano like. >>

You must have forgotten his games against the Red Sox, right? Anyway, I did walk right into that one, Ryan got shelled today. I'm not mentioning anything from now on...
  • Options

<< <i>the Yankees were responsible for lifting his ERA a WHOPPING 1.20 points today from, 1.62 to 2.82 >>

Oh - by the way, you got your stats wrong. It's 2.58 now.
  • Options
    <<I did walk right into that one>>

YES indeed. image
  • Options
    <<Oh - by the way, you got your stats wrong. It's 2.58 now.>>

Not according to this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4133

Somebody is wrong.