Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2005 Roosevelt dimes...The answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does the U.S. Mint sell us rolls...NO!
Does the U.S. Mint sell us bags...NO!
Has there been any non-Satin finished Roosies graded in FB...NO!
Is there any on eBay for sale...NO!
Is PCGS going to add the FB designation to the Satin Finish grades...NO!
Can I get new rolls at my bank...NO!
Can I get new rolls anywhere in my town...NO!
Has anyone even sent in a single 2005-P or D Roosevelt Dime NON-Satin Finished dime...NO!

Basically you get the gist of my ever increasing anger towards the mint. I will have to buy rolls for someone some how, probably on eBay at a substantial premium and do you think that I can achieve the lofty grade of MS68FB? I would have to buy alot of rolls don't you think.

I was on eBay tonight and you can find Lincolns, both Nickels, all 10 quarters, Kennedy's and Sac's for sale, but not a single 2005 MS Roosie!

un-enthusiastically and excoriatedly yours,
Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Is PCGS going to add the FB designation to the Satin Finish grades...NO!"

Paul: I got in (2) 2005(p) Roosies in PCGS-MS69FB SF today. One is earmarked for JHF and the other will also be sold. Just hard to figure up an asking price right now. But, REPEAT - these coins are graded MS69 FULL BAND SATIN FINISH.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    The pop report list 3 2005-P MS69SF but does not show the FB.
  • Options
    Nick: I suspect they are going to have to assign a new # to the FB coins as they graded the (2) with FB and (2) MS69 without FB.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    I concur............
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I noticed last night the Pop Report not showing FB on it and wondered. Now I know.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>un-enthusiastically and excoriatedly yours >>

Now there's a word I don't see often - had to look it up:

Excoriate vt 1) to strip, scratch, or rub off the skin of; flay, abrade, chafe 2) to denounce harshly

I agree - the mint has been rubbing me the wrong way lately as well.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    MS69FB SF Well there you have it. I had only opened one of the mint sets I recieved. Guess it's time to tear into some more.
    Dan
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Paul, I have been searching here in Pa also and have come up with nothing. That's great news that these are going to be available. I have purchased ten sets, maybe I should order some more!!! What ever came of the Roosey club idea? Fred
  • Options

<< <i>TextPaul: I got in (2) 2005(p) Roosies in PCGS-MS69FB SF today. One is earmarked for JHF and the other will also be sold. Just hard to figure up an asking price right now. But, REPEAT - these coins are graded MS69 FULL BAND SATIN FINISH >>

Mitch any chance you could post pictures of those beauties??
    Dan
  • Options
    Dan: I'll see what I can do. If I run into Nick, I may give him the coin to apply his talents with beautiful pics of Roosies.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it all boils down to this:

I would prefer to add just a regular old MS68FB w/o the Satin Finish.
    I would not be against adding/needing all 4 (MS/SF) dimes for my set and really when you think about it, this is the proper way to do it. If PCGS is going and has been designating the SF then you have 2 different P's & D's right. If this is the case then all 4 coins should be added, thats olny fair.

Wondercoin Don't forget to also earmark a 2005-D MS69FB FS for J.H.F.

Cameonut I thought that the word "Excoriated" works well outside of the Medical field, and this was a fine time to do so.

Dan50 Try not to get your jubblies in a twist. Wondercoin may have 2 69FB/SF in his mits, but someday there might be 3!

Mistercoinman Good luck searching rolls...you'll need 100's of them to find what your looking for.

Still excoriatedly yours,
    Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul I have no doubt there will be many more 69's coming. No way the only ones reaching this grade just happened to show up in the first two weeks after PCGS started to recieve them. Granted it could be like the 1999-D's that everyone scrambled to get. Or the 2002-D's that were slow to make their numbers available. And our favorites, the 2004-P, which again everyone is casting as "RARE". It took awhile for the 99 and 02's to come out, but they did come out. Check out ebays mint set auctions and see how many unopened 2004 sets sell there every week. The coins are there, just that money is being made selling the sets at arround $50-60 dollars. Sooner or later they will be opened and pops will climb. I could have bought 2 2004P's in 68FB today, but not at $900. for the pair. Thats worse than the inflated price of the 96 West Point dimes. A few months ago they were trying to get $700-1000 for those. The pop of which now approches 100.
    Dan
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Dan, I have to agree with you on the 2004-P dimes. I myself have sold the sets instead of opening them. (The profit factor) took over! I was hoping the someone would have opened them by now to increase the pops on the P coins. I am a buyer at about $200. and will be willing to wait for that to happen. The 2005 coins will be a little more interesting thought with the satin vs circulation strike coins. I am willing to wait and see how it all plays out, since my collection will be around for a very long time, barring no emergencies!!! Fred