Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

World Gold Eliasberg Pedigree Slabs

Are they worth the premium $$$ today ( I'm talking $300 vs $200 for a non-pedigree NGC), will they appreciate greater than the my non pedigree slabs? image

Comments

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    Probably more like $220 vs $200 for a non-pedigree one. Personally I prefer the NGC photocertificates, although I wish they had gotten the coins in focus.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Depends on the coin really. Some of those coins were off the market for decades . Heck I bought some and wouldn't part with them at all at this point and when I do they will go for a premium or won't be sold.

What's the coin you are referring to??

I may sell the Koban soon. Not sure yet. I'd like to buy a larger one.

Tomimage
  • Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Austria 1888 Ducat Eliasberg NGC MS63
    Lot # 72 and sold for $195 + fee.
    Nice coin and he wants a little less than 100 bucks premium?

Tom
  • Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Tom,

Yes ... $300 ...What do you think
    Well it was 195, plus shipping costs and the 10 dollar slabbing fee. So he's making a little bit of money and your buying a really affordable gold coin from an incredible collection.

Do you collect coins from this country? What made you choose this one? Do you "like" the design? Is this a significant purchase for you and if so, will it bother you to know that you would probably lose a little money when you resell it, if you resell in the near future?

How do you feel about the overall appearance of the coin? Like it?

If you do, then go for it and enjoy is my opinion.

Let us know what you wound up doing ok?

Rgrds
    Tomimage

• morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    This is from memory but close. I missed a Peru 1 Libre coin at Eliasberg for around $275 in MS-63 (I got the 1/5 Libre Collection). You see the L. 1's from $125 to $250 on Ebay in "BU". The coin was reoffered in the NGC holder on Ebay, and my $325 bid wasn't close..it sold for over $450!! I think if you put anything Eliasberg you bought/overpaid for on Ebay, you might be surprised at the big premium..image
    morgannut2