Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Mongoose, spinaker and rhound . . .

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
how was the show? pickup anything good? stay sober?

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>stay sober? >>

Yeah right!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew that was far fetched.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • image Yup.... image
  • Actually picked up quite a bit of nice British Colony and Territory stuff, to include a New Zealand & Bahamas 2 cent mule,
    and a nicely toned G IV farthing. Also got a 1/2 Stiver and Stiver of British Guyana of G III (1813).

A nicely toned 1902 Canadian 25c in XF, and many others, will try and post some Pictures in the next couple of days...... image

Quite a bit of stuff from; Fiji, Australia. Ceylon, New Zealand, British West Indies, Belize, etc....

Oh and I came back with more money than I went with, Sold some of my U.S. type set.... image

Edit for spelling and to add also had a great time socializing with fellow Darksiders, some of whom we had not seen fer a while.... image
  • mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Excellent for selling, only a few, and somewhat.image

I was there mainly to socialize and sell part of a collection I am processing. Saturday was all business and Sunday was more relaxed. I saw very few coins that grabbed me, bought only a few bargain color coins, and few gem Canadian coins.

I did buy an interesting token, it is one of the bimetallic test tokens produced by RCM prior to striking the Twonies in 1996. It grabbed me because I also have two different RAusM bimetallic test tokens that were produced in 1991. Just one of those things you don't know you want until you see it.

The nicest piece I bought came from Glenn, an AU US Bust half dollar. About as original as they come for this series, with a lot of light toning and really nice details.

Wynswept hooked us up with great accomodations and some prestocked our room with some food and spirits. image The company and wine were top notch.
    Joe
  • AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and a nicely toned G IV farthing. >>

I can't wait to see pics of this one image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • I didn't pick up any British or SA coppers at the show. There was plenty of darkside but nothing that tripped my trigger. Got a few Canadian toners and that was it. The beer and pizza was great though!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? You drink beer? I'm shocked! image

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • don't let that get out Don! image
    Terry

eBay Store