Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1962 Post Mantle PSA 10

Just came across this on ebay. Any guesses how much it will go for???? SMR for the 9 is $750.

1962 Post Mantle

Derek

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnificent! Post baseball cards seem to be hot on ebay as of late.
  • Options
    No clue what it will go for, I assume a lot. One question though. Since it's handcut, could I not(if I could find one)trim one up all nice and neat if the surface is nice and get a 10? Just curious image.
    Ryan
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think you could do that..and that's my problem with PSA grading Post cards. Anything that can be doctored today for a better grade shouldn't be done. It just doesn't wash.
  • Options
    That card is from an ad in the middle of a Life magazine. It has both Mantle and Maris on the insert of the publication. The trick with that issue is rust from the staples as the insert was put in the middle of the mag. It would be more likely to get a 10 than a true "hand-cut" from a Post box. Now I will have to go and find my Life mag with the insert. There will surely be more graded in the near future.

CoachTom
    Always interested in Hank Aaron items-currently buying Aaron OPC singles or lots-graded or raw.
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Wonder what the card was cut with? Plain scissors or something else? Already at $760 and that's not the reserve????? Wow. Talk about your manufactured rarity. Seller has to be thrilled with his ingenuity.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    maybe we should find out what time magazine it was from and go to the archives image

do mantle and maris both come in the magazine?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Be careful. As indicated above, this is very different than the cardboard Post cards cut from boxes. There are quite a few of these magazines around and creating a "10" will not be difficult now that PSA is grading these.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< There are quite a few of these magazines around >>>

That is correct. Many people kept their Life Magazines from those years. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton are on the cover of this issue with the Mantle and Maris card. This issue usually sells for about $75 - $100.
  • Options
    almost $2k and the reserve hasn't been met....

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    whoa...sorry for the double post...just noticed i was at "666"...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Need some information.How do you get a card graded?I have this very same card in mint condition and would like to get it graded!
    Thanks,
    gajunk
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    I have purchased several of the Life mags with these cards. Most had some creasing. Best I ever got from PSA was a "7".
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!