Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Collectors who hit "No", and do not display their sets!

Would like to hear your opinions on what their rational might be for not letting everyone see the composition of their set.

Comments

• Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    While I don't condone it, I see this practice as a way to avoid having someone drive up the price of a card that you need for your set. Much as we hate to admit it, there are some guys out there who would take advantage of this situation [dealers??] and cause you to pay a lot more to complete your set.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    It's a 2 way street. If you are like me and have a complete set with very high grades, you want to display it, in hopes it goes up. As with collecting its an investment. Even if you have no intension of selling it, you may never know when you may need to do that if hard times come along. So you want to get the highest value, if possible. I collect star trek deep space 9 and enterprise autographed cards and have the highest grades that are currently out there and most are 8-10s anyhow. (until someone gets one higher)
  • Options
    I go both ways. I have a set or two that I have shut off as I dont want anyone to know what cards I need when they appear on ebay.

I also have many highly ranked sets that I do show and include scans as well.