Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Well, I decided it was time to get a key date Canadian

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
As some of you may remember, I'm putting together a date set of all the circulating Canadian coins from 1858-1967. I just received a 1948 Dollar in the mail from Albern Coins (Gatewest). I ordered a VF example. When the package arrived I see the invoice and it has on it 1948 VF (baggy - discounted). They sent a baggy 1948 VF $. Since I've been trying to put together the set in G-BU the grade of the coin is not as important to me as the price and since Albern discounted the coin $64 I'll keep the coin and put it in the Whitman Ablum. I also got a 1952 NWL in the same order.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Way to go, Ajaan!! Will your collection include all Canadian provinces?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canadian Provinces? Heck no! Well, at least not for now.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    Way to go, Ajaan! image

• shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Good show!

It's a good feeling to acquire a hard-to-find coin. I'd like to get a 1948 to complete my Canadian dollar set, but I can't quite foot the bill right now. image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • TrimeTrime Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    I have a nicely toned and lustered 1948 Canadian S in MS 61 that was in its original box until last year when I sent it to NGC, Many of the original 1940s Canadian $ developed a light haze which lowered the grades. Your post reminded me to pull the coin to see if it would be improved by TLC by NCS. I suspect it can be moved up a couple of grades.
    Trime
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Nice coin.
  • Nice coin and picture imageimage