Home Sports Talk
Options

Happy 31st Birthday Derek Jeter

The only Yankee that had more hits on his 31st birthday was Lou Gehrig (by 7 hits).

Comments

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeter is the same age as I am. It felt normal being a Mattingly fan, but to be a fan of a peer is kind of strange. I like Jeter though. He brings a lot of class and energy to the game.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jeter is the same age as I am. It felt normal being a Mattingly fan, but to be a fan of a peer is kind of strange. I like Jeter though. He brings a lot of class and energy to the game. >>

It sure is a weird feeling. I think that's one of the underlying reasons why I've pretty much stopped buying packs. It just doesn't seem right to chase cards of guys younger than I am - sometimes by as much as 10 years or more.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing yawie99,

I guess I am not the only one feeling this way. I am also having difficulty staying into baseball once all my childhood heroes retire. There are not many players from the 80's left, let alone performing well.

I am not even familiar with the new stars of baseball. Vlad and Pujols are excellent players, but I don't follow them.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee