Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

What would you do about this transaction? Sold as BU MS67-69, but PCGS says Cleaned.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=370171

Please post you suggestions and or comments. Has anyone else purchased from this board member?

If someone could fix the above link to the Buy Sale Trade board I would appreciate it. Thanks, Walt

Comments

• XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    Thanks CA........I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Been to busy trying to learn how to spot coins that have been cleaned.image
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    If I were the seller, I would just take back the coins and refund your money. With regards to the grading fee you lost, just charge it to experience and make sure you let the seller know next time of your plans to have them slabbed. Just my .02 image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    trozau......................I can't ever get ahold of the seller (Granddaddy) yet he is selling of Flea Bay. Funny thing is the coins really looked nice and I didn't have a second though about sticking them in a submission. After all, they are bullion, I just though they looked very nice considering the ones I have seen. If nothing else, I guss they would look GREAT is a Dansco. I was hoping to use them as upgrades to a current set, go figure. 225.00 mistake.

I should have known, the seller had 12 posts and the last time he posted was when he made the deal. So flippin tackey of this guy.

Live, Learn, get smart.............................

PS Board members, I would like your help bumping the orional post at the BST board (see link) as I think others should be aware of this guy, as he is selling here and at Ebay. Please bump the post if it starts to get near the bottom of the page. Thanks, its for all of us to let others know.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't ever get ahold of the seller (Granddaddy) yet he is selling of Flea Bay.

If he's selling on ebay, win an auction of his,provided there's something that you like among his items and similarly prized to your previous transaction with him, maybe even a little more, and tell him he is not getting any money until the problem is solved and that a negative will follow any further lack of response. If you need to create a second ebay id for this, go ahead, you might need it in the future too. Of course you can resell these bullion coins yourself, and he cannot be held responsible for the cost of slabbing, this was your decision, but he can't deceive forum members with fake descriptions like this, so I'd feel perfectly comfortable with the kind of blackmail I just explained, it seems that he deserves it and I'm in a foul mood tonight. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    I'm inclined to think he just made his first and last sale on the BST board, especially if he doesn't do right by you.
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    What a sad outcome. image

I would advise against doing anything rash on ebay, though. It's more apt to backfire than anything else.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
    Lets bump the BST post as it is near the bottom. Thanks all, I will see if he responds to the "contact member" at ebay on his listing. I would bump the BST post but don't want the board police all over my a$$.

Thanks guys........image

• << <i>Lets bump the BST post as it is near the bottom. Thanks all, I will see if he responds to the "contact member" at ebay on his listing. I would bump the BST post but don't want the board police all over my a$$.

Thanks guys........image >>

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People actually slab silver Maple Leafs? image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

<< <i>People actually slab silver Maple Leafs? image >>

Only us guys with no money...........................image
  • Your seller hasn't signed on to the PCGS boards since Feb.
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <People actually slab silver Maple Leafs?>

Only us guys with no money

Funny, I figured only someone with too much money would spend the extra bucks to grade bullion coins. image

Wait. Now that I think about it, I'm right. Never mind that winky thing. image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Your seller hasn't signed on to the PCGS boards since Feb. >>

Last Visited On: February 23rd, 2005 11:10 AM

So unless someone knows him, not much we can do image I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Since he has active listings on eBay, I suggest you get in touch with him via 'ask seller a question' on his active listing. Maybe he never got your emails because he has changed internet provider/email id and has not been on the forum since Feb. Worth a try and give another benefit of a doubt. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    I sent him two emails returned and twice tried to contact him on ebay contact seller.
  • BigAlanBigAlan Posts: 311
    I fail to see the logic in paying $90 for modern bullion and then $126 to have them slabbed. It's not like they're rare.
    "It is good for the state that the people do not think."

Adolf Hitler
    Big Al....Us little guys have to collect something. It beats putting circulated quarters in a dansco......

.......Besides, I kind of like the SML's, kind of reminds me of the US - SAE's. Big Bulky, and sometimes cleaned for you.

• << <i>Big Al....Us little guys have to collect something. It beats putting circulated quarters in a dansco......

.......Besides, I kind of like the SML's, kind of reminds me of the US - SAE's. Big Bulky, and sometimes cleaned for you.

image >>

• image That just sucks.
    ~Debbie~
    Update:

I have tried to contact the Ebay / PCGS boards SELLER, and as of NOW he has not responded. It is probally a done deal, but with all of YOUR help, we can try to prevent this happening to somelse AMONG US...........SO...............

Keep BUMPING the BST Broad as it reaches the bottom and maybe someone will actually read what was transmitted and know even though I held up the deal on my end there are those out there that don't hold up theirs.

So with that...................BUMP the $hit........ out of that post, and maybe someone buying from him will have second thoughts.

Thanks all.................Walt

• spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Terrible story!

BTW I'd highly suggest that you censor both your and his contact info from the emails you posted. Just a general rule for anything on the internet! Names are OK, but land addresses and phone numbers can cause trouble, email addys are iffy, but always best to do without. This is especially importantant when disclosing that you are in a high value transaction. In the military world it's called OPSEC--Operational Security. Never know who's looking.

<< <i>Terrible story!

BTW I'd highly suggest that you censor both your and his contact info from the emails you posted. Just a general rule for anything on the internet! Names are OK, but land addresses and phone numbers can cause trouble, email addys are iffy, but always best to do without. This is especially importantant when disclosing that you are in a high value transaction. In the military world it's called OPSEC--Operational Security. Never know who's looking. >>

image <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't thinking. XXX (SHHHHHHHHHHHH)image
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,266 ✭✭✭
    From Grandaddy's user profile:

Last Visited On: February 23rd, 2005 11:10 AM

It looks like he's gone and he's not coming back.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson