Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

L@@K!!! WHAT I BOUGHT ON EBAY!! Very Entertaining

This kind of item goes with the Nomar thread and what people will buy on ebay. Check out this ebay add - you can turn up the sound a bit - it's kind of entertaining. And please scroll down as you are listening.

mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭
    That was funny and it had my two year old dancing!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    That was pretty good! How do you find this stuff, Mike? image
  • Options
    Thats a pretty neat ad. But i'm wondering if ebay would win the rights to that name in a court case?
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG - That is too funny.
    Mike
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    I had to share this with the rest of my family. Too funny!

I wonder how high the final bid will go though??! And what is the mystery prize?? I hope they say what it is after the auction is over.

Maybe one of us can email the seller or buyer to find ou and post it here...

hh
  • Options

Thanks for sharing Mike. Weird Al, he quickly takes me back to a less serious world.

Thanks again.
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options
    Thanks for the link. LOL, way too funny.

Great idea to sell a domain name.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm wondering if ebay would win the rights to that name in a court case? >>

Yes. Yes they would.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Ebay would not automatically win that theoretical case.

In order for a domain name to be transferred from the registered owner to someone else, intent must be there that it was registered as a way of defrauding or confusing people into thinking they are connected.

There are cases like this all the time, and recently the domain name of www.rcatelevision.com was in dispute. RCA claimed that it should be theirs, the owner said no. Ruling went for the registered owner of the domain, and RCA lost.

• Options
    DaddyRichDaddyRich Posts: 241 ✭✭
    That is super funny, my 7 year old is gonna love it! Quite a clever way to do it, methinks.
    Rich
    Just glad to be here with everyone.
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Invalid item!?!

Did the Ebay police yank it?
  • Options

<< <i>Invalid item!?!

Did the Ebay police yank it? >>

I bet it had more to do with the unlicensed use of Weird Al's music or the "mystery item" part, than it did the domain itself, but the guy had over 9000 hits when I saw it, so it was popular anyway.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry it finally got pulled.

For those, like me, who like parody and have missed this one - that I also like - with the same music -
    I Want a Fat Babe - I have shown this one before but I think it's well done.

When the site comes up, wait a second and a blue box with "go" will show - after pressing that, there will be a play button.

Mike
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Ebay could become a valuable promotional tool for artists and musicians. That auction exposed Weird Al to alot of people that probably didn't know anything about him.
  • Options
    New LINK to the Weird Al Ebay song with audio and lyrics. It is hilarious, and very true!!