Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Buying and Selling Cards on Nationalsportscards.com

I just discovered the site Nationalsportscards.com. It appears to be a new site for buying and selling cards. There is no cost to sellers and buyers (I have no idea how they plan to make money). I just signed up and have started listing cards. You can view my listings at David's Listings. The search engine is great and it seems like a great way to bring buyers and sellers together. If you check out the site or have any feedback I would love to hear it good or bad. I have no affiliation with the site. I just love any opportunity to buy and sell avoiding ebay fees. If you do register I would appreciate it if you indicate that I am your referring member. My screenname is Barkusd. I have no idea what I will get for referring people but it seems like a good thing to do.
View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I signed up for the site a few months ago, but only in the last week have I started to use it. I didn't care for the user interface at first, but I really like the site now. I don't know if they've made changes to the site's functionality since I first joined or if I've just become less neophobic since then. In any event, it's definitely a nice alternative to eBay, though I'd imagine it could eventually become a fee-based site. Or maybe it'll become popular enough to generate revenue through advertising so that there's still no cost to sellers.

As for my experiences, I've placed one bid but haven't heard back yet from the seller. But I have sold two cards and still have a few T205's listed. I like that the site allows one to set fixed prices while still leaving some room for negotiation. You can list stuff and if you get your price, great; if not, you can just keep it in your collection. Unless you use high opening bids and/or reserves, both of which I hate, eBay is more of a crap shoot for sellers.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    BarkusDBarkusD Posts: 624
    Great feedback. I love it because you can list a card in less than a minute. It is definitely the easiest listing process I have found.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I used to love using Yahoo auctions about 5 years ago because it was totally free to buyers and sellers. There is so many cards that people may want but they just aren't worth the price on ebay. An example would be cards that would sell for like $3 and under. Beckett.com has done a good job too with their Buy and Sell boards to make it easier for people to collect. It would be nice if PSA came up with some sort of service like this.

PSA could make the selling part of it only for PSA members. I bet they would sell a ton more memberships and probably increase submissions that way. Hopefully somebody at PSA is listening.