Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What would you grade this fine looking bust $ I just got?

The 2 scratches across the face are on the holder.
image
image

Comments

  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭
    VF30?

    Just a guess.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said it's "fine looking".

    Looks Fine to me. image

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, what's all that goin' on under the first zero in the date? I ain't up on my Bust dollar varieties, having owned a grand total of one.

    ...which incidentally was pretty similar in grade to yours, also an 1800, but possibly cleaned (color wasn't as nice as yours). I bought it as a raw F15, figured it for F12 at least, sent it to ANACS, and they VG08'ed it, which disappointed me. (At least they didn't net grade it.) I thought their grade rather harsh, though. It should have gotten a VG10 at the very least.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭
    The "dotted date" variety.
  • Options
    RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like my 1799, your "E. Pluribus Unum" is weak which keeps this coin at "fine", but it is a nice one, especially the obv.
    Pete
    "Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
  • Options
    OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭
    F-12 obverse, VG-8 reverse, so I'm going VG-10.
  • Options
    VF-25
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Fine, in more ways than one.
    Damn man....you have some VERY nice coins!
    Not only a hot wife, great looking house, and good weather, but also some sweet coins!

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭✭
    vg-10 +++++claims to fine has been ever so lightly cleaned and expertly retoned long ago very late 19th century early 20th century
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭


    << <i>You said it's "fine looking".

    Looks Fine to me. image >>



    The Holey Lord nailed it.image

    image
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085 ✭
    I could look at Busts all day long... image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685 ✭
    Nice old dollar. image
    Wayne
    ******
  • Options
    ER. I'll give you ten bucks for it. Mostly in cash. image
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭


    << <i>ER. I'll give you ten bucks for it. Mostly in cash. image >>


    For a friend like you, I'll take just 5 bucks, in Morgan dollar (1895-P).image
    Let me know when you're ready.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a F12 to me.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭
    I would GUESStimate F-15? image

    TorinoCobra71

    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file