Home Sports Talk
Options

I could not attend the Yankees-Mets game today

so I sold my season tix. I am spending the weekend in Abany, NY for my niece's HS graduation.

Once a Yankee fan always a Yankee fan, after all they are the Storied franchise having won 26 Championships and 13 pennants. image

The only thing keeping the Yankees in the race is that Baltimore is starting to fold.

Comments

• Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    By the way, you guys got CLOBBERED today image
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    NO? REALLY?!?!? image
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Well, you didn't mention anything about the game so i was just letting you know how it turned out image
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    On that note, I've been wondering what the "Scream Team" in your sig line means, Gemmy. I'm not sure if it's because you scream for them or if it's because you scream at them. I guess a little of both this year.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    And once again Spammy brings up the 26 championships and 13 penants...

Sad, sad, sad to see people try to show how much a fan they are because of how many championships they've won.

Yeah, real classy there spam boy.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Once a Yankee fan always a Yankee fan, after all they are the Storied franchise having won 26 Championships and 13 pennants. >>

I agree with Axtell - is this why you are a Yankee fan? It is certainly why a lot of people are - but, would you be a fan if they were as bad as they are this year, all the time? I'll bet the answer is no...

And, enough with this 26 championships line - almost all of them were before most of us were born...the patting yourself on the back is getting old. This is directed at the YES network, since they remind us every commercial break about it. Though, it was funny today, to hear the usual drivel about how great the franchise is - then they go back to the game, and the Mets just continued the beating some more.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>
    It is certainly why a lot of people are - but, would you be a fan if they were as bad as they are this year, all the time? I'll bet the answer is no...
    >>

The chants of 'let's go mets' in yankee stadium today proved that.

<< <i>
    And, enough with this 26 championships line - almost all of them were before most of us were born...the patting yourself on the back is getting old. This is directed at the YES network, since they remind us every commercial break about it. Though, it was funny today, to hear the usual drivel about how great the franchise is - then they go back to the game, and the Mets just continued the beating some more. >>

Well when your team buys fans with championships, what else are they going to talk about?