Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

auto question

I am going to an autograph signing tomorrow. Michael Clayton (Bucs wr) will be at a local Tampa store and I purchased a official nfl game football. My question to you auto experts---- is there a certain color or type of ink I should use that works better or lasts longer then others?

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• Options
    Well since he's a bucs player, I'd recommend invisible ink (j/k I'm a Falcons fan), but seriously, I like the look of silver marker since it's a high contrast to the football.

Brian
  • Options
    DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    I'll second the silver. I have an E. Smith ball in silver and is shows pretty nice.

Derek

PS. Mike Clayton is the man!!!!
  • Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    It depends on the color of the item...but typically i prefer things signed with a gold sharpie paint pen...but on a football the silver paint pen would probably look better....gold would look great on a bucs mini helmet though

figures i read this a day late...if you read this before you go, i'd happily reimburse your expenses if you could get me an auto'd LSU mini helmet signed by clayton. i've been wanting one forever, but i don't trust the joe blow ebay COAs.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It depends on the color of the item...but typically i prefer things signed with a gold sharpie paint pen...but on a football the silver paint pen would probably look better....gold would look great on a bucs mini helmet though

figures i read this a day late...if you read this before you go, i'd happily reimburse your expenses if you could get me an auto'd LSU mini helmet signed by clayton. i've been wanting one forever, but i don't trust the joe blow ebay COAs. >>

Thanks guys for all your input. Duner, sorry but I just got back about 20 minutes ago. Here is my email add. nymets8822@msn.com send me an email and I will save your email add , the next time he signs I can take care of it for you. I am going to post some pics of the signing now.

Matt
  • Options
    I've read several articles on autographs and what to use. Highly recommended are black and silver paint pens.
    Sharpies probably next best. Supposedly over time the gold and blue inks won't retain original color and clarity.
    Personally I only use black or silver

J