Home Sports Talk
Options

Pedro is the Yanks' daddy

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Yanks choke away another loss, Mussina gives up 4 earned in 6 innings, and Spammy is nowhere to be found???

Oh, Arod went 3-4, so can we please stop this talk about him not coming up big in games they lose?

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    At least this time, a good team was responsible for the loss - one fan actually was dumb enough to bring a "Who's Your Daddy" sign to the ballpark...by the 6th inning, he had to take it down.

Pedro takes them behind the woodshed! Good stuff!
  • Options
    Yep. I watched most of it, they failed to capitalize on Pedro early and once he settled fugetaboutit.

That top of the second, they looked like a bunch of little leaguers. Routine fly balls are Bernie Williams' daddy.

Brian
  • Options
  • Options
    The mets blowing out the yanks today....

and still no sign of spamboy....

coincidence?
  • Options
    He's probably out on a ledge somewhere...
  • Options
    Arod 2-5 in today's game...but the next time the yanks lose and he goes hitless we'll be hearing how he only hits when the yankees win.
  • Options
    Oh, and here was the title to the recap of today's NY/NY game:

"Yankees Stadium filled with chants of 'Let's Go Mets!'"

Hillarious...I guess the fair-weathered 'fans' of the yankees are just limited to the spam boy huh?
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Yankees
    -----------
    26 World Championships
    13 Pennants

Mariners
    -----------
    0 World Championships
    0 Pennants

and

1 colossal 2001 ALCS CHOKE against the aforementioned Yankees.
  • Options
    <<26 World Championships
    13 Pennants>>

That song is getting old.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Spammy the yankees have been around for 100+ years, so of course they are going to have more championships than the M's.

It's funny, you don't mention the Yankees MASSIVE MIND-BENDING EARTH-SHATTERING CHOKE!!!! that the 1995 yanks pulled against the 'lowly' Mariners.

Up 2-0 in the series, the yankees CHOKED away 3 games in a row...culiminating in one of the most exciting finishes EVER in a playoff game.

Funny how you only mention the past glories of the yankees, and how you fail to mention time and again how $200 million+ gets you a .500 record in NY (wow, what a deal!)

I bet if you had been at the game today, you would have been one of the thousands of fair-weathered fans screaming for the Mets in yankee stadium. That to me speaks volumes about just how good of 'fans' yankee fans like you are.

I will live and die a Mariner fan spam boy, no matter if they win 100 world series or never win one. You mention time and again how many world series they have won, and all that tells me is that's all you care about (you, and the thousands of other bandwagoners in NY now rooting for the Mets).

Jersey is right...your song and dance of the Yankees buying (err, I mean winning) 26 world series is boring, its old, it's stupid (hey, just like you spammy...so it's fitting!)
  • Options
    When does Bernie hang it up? I thought the guy was being put on the shelf, but the guy has cost the yankees runs the past few days because of his inept fielding and poor judgement.

He's embarassing himself out there...

• Options

<< <i>
    1 colossal 2001 ALCS CHOKE against the aforementioned Yankees. >>

Of course, you need to be reminded, the Yankees re-defined the word CHOKE!!

You know, everytime a team is up 3-0 in any series you will hear: "they should win it, unless they pull a Yankees" image
  • Options

<< <i>
    Of course, you need to be reminded, the Yankees re-defined the word CHOKE!!

You know, everytime a team is up 3-0 in any series you will hear: "they should win it, unless they pull a Yankees" image >>

If you listen to the spammy say it, somehow the mariners not winning the world series after winning 116 games in the regular season somehow is a bigger choke, even though everyone on the PLANET (outside yankee-ville) agrees the yankees coughing up FOUR games in a row is the biggest choke in all sports history.

Oh, and before he gets a chance to say it again, he'll also tell you that the yankees have 26 world championships and 13 penants!!!

Let's recap the 1995 ALDS:

Yankees win the first 2, then CHOKE away the last 3, and in game 5, the Mariners score 2 in the bottom of the 11th to take the series...with Griffey Jr. scoring at a close play at the plate to not only win the series, but saved baseball in Seattle as well. The 10th anniversary of that series this year.