Home PSA Set Registry Forum

What constitutes a "common card" for PSA submission?

One more question before I head out the door --

What qualifies as a "common" card for those PSA-submission rates? For example, would the 1962 Topps Babe Ruth special cards qualify? How about the World Series cards??

I'm just trying to figure out which cards to send along with my Maris and Mantle cards I should send in this year's free submission...

TIA,

hh

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Technically, a common is any card not listed separately in the SMR.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • purelyPSApurelyPSA Posts: 712 ✭✭
    In practice, if it's not Mantle or Koufax or a super top shelf dude, you can usually get away with one or two, because it's probably too much of a hassle for them to argue one card. I wouldn't recommend more than that though.
  • Ive always just stuck to the old rules. the last time they posted them were cards under $50 can be submitted as commons and i have never had them send anything at all back to me ungraded. i go with anything unlisted when it comes to the pre 60 commons as some book more then $50.image
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    Non-HOF.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

(Jeff Foxworthy Style)

If you are ever in a sports conversation and the name BUZZHART comes up, you're probably a common.

"Never tell a joke that ain't funny more than once!!"
  • HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Hmmm, it looks like I've tuned in to Comedy Central here! harhar

I guess I can just send the Babe Ruth Special and World Series (with Ford and Maris highlights) cards in as commons from the sounds of it. I'll save my free sub for the super stars then. I'm hoping these BRS and WW cards grade well. A few of them are cards I bought in 1968 from the Card Collectors Company to complete those subsets. They're some of the nicest raw '62Ts I own.

With the education I've gotten on these boards, I think I've finally gotten my G.E.D. ("Git 'Er Done")!!

Thanks!

hh
  • If there's any question, I just send it along anyway. Then if they contact you and tell you it's not a common, they grade it at another price level, but at least you didn't have to pay seperate shipping.
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    So when one joins the collector's club for the $99 fee, can they send five '52 Topps Mantles and a T-206 Wagner as their 6 "free" submissions?

Also, are 1952 Topps high numbers considered commons (assuming they're common players of course)? How about 1955 Topps high numbers?
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

"The police officer told me i had the right to remain silent, but i did not have the ability to".