Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

PSA 9 '65 Topps Perez?

I noticed that 3 new 9's have been graded in the last 6 weeks or so. I haven't seen any for sale anywhere in quite a while though. I'm interested in acquiring a 9 if anybody has any info.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    ttt
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Tony's rookie is a tough card, from what I remember. I think I had to wait a long time just to get my PSA 8, and it was a fight each time it came up on eBay. I had to pay about $210 when SMR was $175. Is it in a short-print series?
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Dolie,

It is a short-printed card, but there are 28 unqualified 9's out there, including the three recent ones.

Andy
  • Options
    here you go

psa 9 perez!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    It has been my experience that the last series for the 65 topps set are much more abundant then some mid series. Look through ebay and you will see what I mean. those mid series cards are much tuffer. Yes the last series has some SP cards but they are always available

SD

28 perez's in 9 does not surprise me as it is a Hall of fame card, plus those that build team sets need it for the other guys.

3 in the past month does surprise me though a lil.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I have been watching the Superior auction to see how the three Perez rookie cards end. There is a PSA 9, GAI 9 and SGC 96 selling separately. Right now the PSA 9 is lapping the field.

Tony Perez SGC 96, GAI 9, PSA 9

Link did not work as intended. You need to type in Tony Perez in the link to see the three cards side by side.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options

i have to put sun-glasses on to view the sgc scan - it looks photoshopped - probably why it's in last place...