Home Sports Talk
Options

Yankess Lose Again to the D-Rays?

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
And no updates from a certain spammer...and we are supposed to think it's coincidence (again)?

Rays are 6-3 against the Yanks this year...should that be happening? Or are the Yankees taking these games off because they think they can beat the Rays in their sleep?

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I was wondering the same thing last night, as I checked these forums...

The Yanks are really messing with their fans this year, aren't they? Everytime they get a win, or go on a little winning streak, the NY media blares - "This is the ONE!" "The Yanks are BACK!!"

And then, they just keep on losing to "lesser" teams.

• Options
    I"m not trying to start a fight here either (Axtell), but what's really ironic about the series is that A-Rod did nothing in the 2 games they lost, the won the won by 10 runs or something he decided to drive in 4 or 5 of those. When he is counted on for a key hit he can't delivery, there's just something in his brain that won't let him swing at the right pitch at the right time--he is now officially no longer an MVP candidate.
    Go over to the West, and we see that Vlad comes back and he carries his Angels on his back to a sweep over the Rangers.
    It's not necessarily the ending numbers that make you an MVP, it's how important you are to your team. The Angels are not the same team without Vladdy--the Yankee train would continue to role just fine without A-Rod (and the arguement will continue that they would possibly be better off without him).
    Jay
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>the Yankee train would continue to role just fine without A-Rod (and the arguement will continue that they would possibly be better off without him).
    Jay >>

Exactly how much worse off would the Yankees be without Arod in their lineup? And last time I checked, there was little to no offense in those yankee losses, so to blame Arod completely is biased and wrong in my opinion.

He's an easy target because he doesn't get riled up, he doesn't let things get to him, and he makes a godawful amount of money. Those factors let people pile on him unnecessarily.