Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Spurs are goin' down!!!!

I'm so fired up for this game, my family left me!

You heard it here first!!!

Comments

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    apparently.....you were WRONG!!
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    yep. WRONG
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I guess he'll have to cancel his request for the 2005 NBA Champion Pistons set on the registry

Brian
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I am wondering how many of these 'experts' who picked Detroit to win tonight on tv and radio are going to fess up to being wrong tomorrow?

That's my biggest beef with these announcers...there is no accountability.

I'd like to hear at least one of these loud-mouths tomorrow say 'san antonio surprised me and I picked wrong'. However, we all know that won't happen.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    tough game on both sides. i have so much new found respect for rasheed wallace, he is all heart.

home court only reason spurs won, game in detroit, detroit would've won.

Julen
    ________
    Collecting:
    1980 Topps: Over 4,000 cards from vending and wax boxes awaiting a giant bonfire
    1969 Topps Master: # 1 1
    1987 Kraft Home Plate Heroes
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Yeah, if any of you read the Sports Guy on ESPN page 2 he went from the Spurs to Detroit back to the Spurs.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Let's all just hope it isn't the Spurs and Pistons again next year. The last three games were pretty good, but, tough, defensive minded basketball is pretty boring to me. image My vote is for Phoenix vs. Miami...

Mark
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I'll take a Phoenix vs Miami finals! Let's go Heat!

Why would Phoenix deal QRich though? K.Thomas is a decent player, but the Suns have....err...well, they have some big men...err...okay, now I know why. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    >>i have so much new found respect for rasheed wallace, he is all heart.

Uh, if you're going to respect someone on the Pistons, I think I'd put Rasheed about 12th on the list. He's all heart when he wants to be, which is the whole problem. Hopefully I'll never have to see him do another interview with that stupid WWF championship "belt" he had made up last year.

In any case, I'm obviously very depressed, but if the Pistons couldn't win, I've got no problem with San Antonio. They have a bunch of class guys, including their coach.

It took me 39 years to realize this, but you can analyze the coaching and the strategy and the decisions until the cows come home. You can talk all you want about the refereeing. It still comes down to being able to put the ball in the basket. Even as something as simple as Duncan making all his free throws can be the difference between winning and losing.

Overall, a great series. I can understand how it was pretty ugly for people outside of Michigan and Texas, though.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from San Antonio, but not a Spurs fan. I think this is one of the better finals I have seen where two teams were evenly matched - mirror images - top defences - and left it all on the hardcourt.

I thoroughly enjoyed the series right down to some pretty good sportsmanship and two of the finer coaches spanning all sports IMO.

It's a shame someone had to lose. Hardnose basketball and not one fist thrown!

One note of pride - last night in San Antonio there was celebrations all over the city and not one incident of vandalism - not even a broken car mirror!

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i> apparently.....you were WRONG!! >>

okay...yup...everyone benefits from hindsight. Something tells me you wouldn't have responded if I was right like Axtell says.

My only question.....what was Lindsey Hunter doing jacking up all those shots?
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Lindsey Hunter sometimes plays like he's the son of World B. Free.

I wanted the Spurs to win, because after the Pacers/Pistons fans brawl (with stadium security acting like spectators and family holding press credentials getting involved), there is no way that the championship belonged in Detroit.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm so fired up for this game, my family left me!

You heard it here first!!! >>

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!

You heard it here first!!!
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    >>One note of pride - last night in San Antonio there was celebrations all over the city and not one incident of vandalism - not even a
    >> broken car mirror!

Just for the record, this (not one incident) is exactly what happened in Detroit for the last 4 championships (3 Red Wings, last years Pistons). Of course, all anyone remembers is the '84 World Series and the "Brawl".