Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I AM THE NEW #1 in THE LINCOLN CENT PROOF 1950 to date SET

Move over Cameron Stanley.......I just knocked you out of the #1 spot for Proof Lincolns.
I know you father is a Bounty Hunter but I'm game for a little excitement.I guess you will have to work a little harder
to find those BRIGHT Perfect Proof Pennies.Good Luck

Stewart

ps Don't let Gerry outbid you !!!!

Comments

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Stewart! I must admit that I have always thought of you as #1 in BOTH the complete proofs and business strikes. Now, at least as far as proofs go, it is there for all to see. Please do us a favor and list your proof coins in all four registries including the 1959 to date basic set and with varieties set. Also do us all a BIG favor in honor of your achievement by opening all your sets for a few days or weeks? I know your complete collection of proofs and business strikes will be the centerpiece of the 2009 celebration. Again Stewart, a great achievement. Steveimage
  • Options

It such an exciting time of year.image

• Options
    TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    Congratulations Stewart, Nice Job.

How come we can't see your coins on the registry? There is no URL link to see them, just your name? Why keep your set closed? I would love to see the coin that finally did Cameron in. LOL

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Stewart!

I agree with Steve, the least you could do is let us see the listing of the coins in the set.

If not, is there a reason why you don't list the coins?

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224

<< <i>Move over Cameron Stanley.......I just knocked you out of the #1 spot for Proof Lincolns. >>

So what?

Just proves who has more money to split hairs once you get up that high ....

1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    weresteve

So What ?

FYI Cameron Stanley has alot more money than I have
    and she will pay way more than me.

I'm instigating trouble,Do you have a problem with that ?

Stewart
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's about time!

Hey, modern variety man, you forgot to change your name in the variety set.
    Doug
  • Options

Keep stirring the pot, Stewart. I'd love to see it turn into a side by side display at FUN this coming year

Jack
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    --Roughly--, wha does a set like that cost?? (If you don't mind ballparking...)

• Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Stew.

What is next?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Prooflike

A ballpark is I have approximately $50,000 into the set.

Stewart
  • Options

<< <i>Move over Cameron Stanley.......I just knocked you out of the #1 spot for Proof Lincolns.
    I know you father is a Bounty Hunter but I'm game for a little excitement.I guess you will have to work a little harder
    to find those BRIGHT Perfect Proof Pennies.Good Luck
    Stewart

Congrats to the owner of the new #1 set. That is a great achievement accomplished by possessing a very
    keen insight of our hobby. However,the context of the thread seems belligerent towards the former #1
    owner. It's my opinion that he or she should also be duly recognized for achieving practically the same
    results instead of being belittled. Both sets are greater because of each other and both sets deserve the
    utmost respect from each other. IMO. image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Stewart, you spent $50K on "modern crap"?
  • Options

SOG,

I'm with you. I can't believe that my hero and idol of Lincoln cent collecting is buying such modern crap.image

I'm mean what's the difference between a PR69DCAM and a PR70DCAM anyway? Other than a piece of plastic with someone's opinion on it and about 5000 bucks, aren't they all worth the same?image

Oh Stewart, I'm so disappointed.

Jack
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Congrats! Super set
  • Options

<< <i>Stewart, you spent $50K on "modern crap"? >>

Afew years back Walking Liberty halves, Standing Liberty Quarters, were considered " Modern Crap ", and so were the coins before those.
    The yardstick that determines a coins value as a collectible, is CHALLENGE !!
    Demand is created by CHALLENGE !!
    Mountain climbers pay $ 60,000.00 ( sixty thousand ) dollars to climb Mt.. Everest because of the CHALLENGE !!
    They could go out and climb most other mountains for FREE !! They elect to climb Everest because of the CHALLENGE !!
    A coins long term value is determined by CHALLENGE !!
    If you compare Liberty Nickels to Buffalo Nickels the difference in prices will amaze you. Both are fun to collect, but only one series offers a challenge ( Excepe in high grades )
    This is true for ALL other series. If the challenge is missing, so is the price tag, and demand from collectors !!
  • Options

I'm guilty of collecting "Modern Crap".I use to stop collecting proof Lincolns after 1964.Now with the set registry I need to collect modern crap to date.I still need a 2005 Proof cent image

Stewart
  • Options

I guess this thread explains this picture I saw on Wondercoin's PR70DC web page . . . .image

Doug
  • Options

Finally, the orange underwear surface!!!image
  • Options

3 ping pong balls in some see through orange panties on Wondercoins Web Page ???????

Doug - Wouldn't there be a Wonder BRA on Wondercoins web page ???

My Orange underwear is Bright Orange Boxers and I have never been photographed in them.

Stewart
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew:

I am confused. I thought I remember you saying that you very much prefer and stick to collecting business strikes.

Is this your first foray into proofs? Your final foray into proofs? Or whatever?

Or is your taste (like most collectors) evolving?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options

<< <i>3 ping pong balls in some see through orange panties on Wondercoins Web Page ???????

Doug - Wouldn't there be a Wonder BRA on Wondercoins web page ???

My Orange underwear is Bright Orange Boxers and I have never been photographed in them.

Stewart >>

image I thought you might have lost them negotiating for a couple of 70DC's!
    Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Prooflike

A ballpark is I have approximately $50,000 into the set.

Stewart >>

My calculating says that EACH of the 1950 thru 2004 coins cost an AVERAGE of close to $800. I don't know what you paid for the 1990 no S if it is in your collection, but it sure is nice for me to know my 1950 to date Lincoln proof with varieties collection has cost me a total of $2,207 and I have as much enjoyment from owning and looking at it as anyone here. Steve

P.S. I don't think collecting should be about the money. It should be about enjoying collecting what YOU want and having fun at a cost that you are comfortable with. I really do admire those of you who can afford to strive for the absolute finest. For me, I am just happy to complete my Lincoln proof sets with nice representative examples.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    Congratulations Stewart! , Super Nice ! !
    Collector Of Indian Cents!
    Fly-In Club
    My PCGS Registry Sets
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Stewart,

When you gonna jump to #1 in the 1950-Date w/Varieties? image
  • Options
    Congrats Stewart, imageWhy don't you and some of the other TOP sets display your coins W/Pictures. I've seen some of them on Gallery coins, if I had that impressive of a set I'd sure be proud to display them. I'm proud of the set I have, and do display Pictures. My photo's may not be the greatest as my Sony Mavica just doesn't bring out the detail, but I at least try. Maybe if HRH would get a view Tally like the competion has, we'd get more sets' with photos on the registry, IMHO. image At least try to have them uploaded to Gallery if you can to compliment your business strikes! image They have to be as impressive as your other sets. image
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl
  • Options
    RBin Texas - I do collect 1950 to date Lincoln Cents varieties.I believe I am #1 even though I am unregistered.

Rabbitracks - I don't believe in images on the internet.I am of the school look,smell feel and touch.That is how I collect.

Steve - I paid $1200 for my 1990 No s in a Proof set.It was the first one slabbed by PCGS.

stewart
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    image Congratulations Stewart !
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats Stewart, imageWhy don't you and some of the other TOP sets display your coins W/Pictures. I've seen some of them on Gallery coins, if I had that impressive of a set I'd sure be proud to display them. I'm proud of the set I have, and do display Pictures. My photo's may not be the greatest as my Sony Mavica just doesn't bring out the detail, but I at least try. Maybe if HRH would get a view Tally like the competion has, we'd get more sets' with photos on the registry, IMHO.

Registry set owners should have the option of a closed set. But if PCGS awarded bonus points for open
    sets and/or images,that actually figured into the set rating,maybe more top sets would become open.
    I,also image my sets,but still long to enjoy and share the images of the top sets. Heck,I enjoy the images
    of a last place set that has just been created. Let's open up and share your coins. Please! image

RegistryNut image
  • Options

<< <i>

Steve - I paid $1200 for my 1990 No s in a Proof set.It was the first one slabbed by PCGS.

stewart >>

Stewart, you got me beat there too! I paid $1250 back in 1993 and had PCGS slab it in 1997.

Steveimage