Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

does pcgs consider quality of pictures and # of pictures when it offers awards ?

or only pop/numeric grades?
USPI minimalist design collage
designset
Treasury Seals Type Set

Comments

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    It's just the numbers on slabs that count.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    I think NGC weights the artistry and literary side of the collector and then adds his coins to the total. That being the case, I could have a #1 set and still rank about #5 due to the other required bonus skills.

Glad PCGS is just looking at our coins and not at me. Ever seen some of my late night posts?
  • XXX --> image
    Seth
  • XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭
    Seth- What are you talking about..YOU HAVE seen some of my late nite posts...........image
  • mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭
    It's just the numbers on slabs that count, except for one award, "The Best Exhibited Set". Usually there are only one or two a year. This year there was only one. "The Dahlonega Gold Complete Type Set." It is a #1 ranked set but I don't believe it has to be to win this award. I did put photos and text but was still shocked when I found out that I had won any award.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is a #1 ranked set but I don't believe it has to be to win this award. >>

No but it certainly helps!

BTW, those must be your own photos with the overland trail background! Very cool and definetly a nice touch!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's just the numbers on slabs that count, except for one award, "The Best Exhibited Set". Usually there are only one or two a year. This year there was only one. "The Dahlonega Gold Complete Type Set." It is a #1 ranked set but I don't believe it has to be to win this award. I did put photos and text but was still shocked when I found out that I had won any award. >>

NOT IN 2005!!!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson