Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

add me to the paypal stinks group

at least for buying anyway....i'm currently going thru a paypal ordeal with an 86f bkb pack auction i won from sparky7676. i paid for an auction won on 6/5 with paypal. seller says he mailed pack on 6/6. i have nothing yet. we've been corresponding via email since. his latest email comment was ..."i'm going to be away for 3 days, when i get back i will go to my local post office and get the exact date and time i sent it, i have an account with them, if the post office shoved your package up their ass what can i do about it, i put a return address and i don't make mailing mistakes, i do this for a living.

yesterday i filed the non-receipt claim on ebay and paypal. there is a paypal transaction id where it was paid and here is what paypal sent me:

..."Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We have completed our investigation of your case and, as there is
insufficient evidence in support of your claim, we have denied your
Unauthorized account Use Claim." ...

how can paypal say there is insufficient evidence when i have clearly paid for this item and at this point, there is no tracking of item being shipped from the seller?

in the end, i think i'm going to stick to checks or money orders at least for buying items over a certain dollar amount.

also, after the non-receipt claim, the seller negged me (and went off the deep end on the ebay dispute claim). i retaliated likewise with the neg feedback but explained if i receive the merchandise i will agree to mutually withdraw.

thanks for listening

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Looked at that auction, hard to even tell that is a full pack and not just a picture of a 86-87 fleer wrapper? Would have asked for a better picture before bidding on that item IMO. I never use paypal, never seem to hear good things about it.

Stingray
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    I would call paypal directly. 402-935-2050
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I had a problem, I called Paypal direct - it was thru the 30 day window but they were very nice.
    They said they would still try to follow thru - and they did - but by that time the issue was resolved.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    LD,

what an a$$-hat seller. this guy is a verifiable reason for birth control and a prime example of the earth's overpopulation.

i am sorry having to deal w/ such foolishness, thanks for sharing his seller name.

Julen
    1969 Topps: 1969 Topps Master Master #11
    1987 Kraft Dinners Home Plate Heroes
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    This sounds a lot more like a seller problem than a paypal problem.

But let me ask, if you sent a money order, how would that have helped you in this case?
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    ldferg,
    The only previous feedback from a BUYER of sparky7676 was left by an ebayer from the same town (Chico CA) as the seller........much too much of a coincidence. Seller is a scammer....

Second......what does "Unauthorized account Use Claim" have to do with not receiving an item??
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    ......what does "Unauthorized account Use Claim" have to do with not receiving an item??

Yes, please explain. I was going to ask the same thing.
  • Options
    if you look at the feedback left by this seller - he bought a case of 86' fleer 'unopened' packs. he left negative feedback for the seller of the case saying the packs were opened. maybe it's a good thing you did not get the pack.
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    Paypal has always refunded me the money when I have said I haven't gotten an item. Of course, the sellers didn't pull some BS on me, like sending a box full of paper with delivery confirmation. In that case, I would lose the claim. Can you file another Paypal claim against this idiot seller??
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    the unauthorized account use was an error on my part in the selection criteria for paypal. i am going to be calling them direct and explaining the situation. maybe that is what they (paypal) is saying is "insufficient evidence". i may have just jumped the gun on paypal altogether.

ax,
    you are right about the money order. i was being vague as to just another form other than paypal. if i used a check i could have stopped payment.

i should edit the title of this thread until i talk to them firsthand, because the problem i have with them seems to be caused by me.

thanks for all of your input,
    LD

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    I think even though Paypal may not be foolproof, it gives you a much better chance of recovering your $$$ than other payment forms. Once your cheque or money order is cashed and the item sent (or not), it's too late to do anything.

BTW, the window for filing a claim is now 45 days after the close of auction; this changed back in January. I've never had an issue reclaiming money from sellers who didn't deliver. I've never received the wrong item, but I know Paypal now offers a "Item Significantly Not As Described" option. I don't know what evidence they would be looking for, though.
  • Options
    here is the actual complaint status from paypal:

...We have received your claim and have notified the seller that you are dissatisfied with this transaction. The seller's deadline for responding to this claim is Jun. 25, 2005. If the seller does not respond by the deadline, the claim will be decided in your favor....

i will be following up with paypal after Jun. 25.

sorry for jumping on the paypal stinks bandwagon...at least until June 25 image

thanks again,
    LD

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't make mailing mistakes, i do this for a living.

Ha! 4 total sales since April 2004. If this is his living he is starving to death.

Secondly, I have a full time job that I can feed my family with. I've been at the same job 9 years, and guess what. I still make mistakes. Out
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    I think this seller might be up to no good...no real sales, and suddenly all this unopened material out of the blue :

Completed Auctions
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you paid by credit card, bypass Paypal and have your credit card fix it.

Paypal customer service is an oxyMORON.
    Mike
  • Options
    This looks fishy as hell item 5207027682 link. reeves5890 won it Jun-14-05 10:18:38 PDT and left positive feedback Jun-14-05 10:36 ----> 18 minutes later. He's a professional all right....

Brian

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I was under the impression that the only claims PayPal would truly investigate were "account interference" and "item not received". I was led to believe that "item not as described" was just a way to make you feel good until you cliked the "submit" and then they immediately said "sorry, we don't do anything with that, take it up with the seller" I did that with a counterfeit item I got once and they told me to screw off. Been fighting with the seller every since... And now, paypal won't let me file a different claim at all. I hope it works out for you, the phone call appears to be the way to go. Good Luck.

• Options
    Definitely a shill bidder here...

reeves5890 and his bids
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    Plus I love how his user id ends in 7676 and the feedback from a guy with 5890 at the end of his.People are creatures of habit and just the fact that they have the same type of id stinks to me.No it's not enough proof to get them thrown off but it sure smells fishy!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    PayPal in this case is your best friend - you filed the wrong complaint type initially, which is why they rejected it. Now, if he cannot provide proof of delivery of the item by June 25, you will get all of your money back (I don't know what happens if his account is "empty" though). I am also happy that they added the new "not as described" option to the complaint system, to help with the sellers that send you a box with a rock in it - delivery confirmed.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    If you look at the feedback, they have each left feedback for the other both buying and selling. Definite shill.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    if the person does not respond with a d/c number you get your money back quickly. if they do provide a d/c number - even if it's a bogus # - it delays the claim as they have to now 'investigate'.
  • Options
    the seller is claiming to have a "receipt" from the post office. i'm assuming he is only referring to a receipt for mailing the packages with no indication of zip code or d/c....IF this ever was mailed...

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Well - if that is all he's got, and you don't get your pack by the 25th, you should be getting a refund. D/C or signature confirmation are all they will accept as proof of delivery.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    receipts from the post office do have the zip code on them.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    True, but I am pretty sure that a receipt alone will not serve as proof of delivery. The seller will need to prove actual delivery to the address of the item.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What I meant was that would at least show to the buyer that an item was mailed....possibly. as for paypal it aint good enuff.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    i'd like to see the receipt. it looks as though there have been 3 positives left for this guy since we exchanged negs so he must be sending something.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    closure: paypal refunded the $.

I received an email from the seller regarding the 86f pack. Here
    it is:

quess what your pack came back to me in the mail today, i'm sorry for
    accusing you of trying to steal this from me, but i just got ripped off
    before all of this, so do you want the pack, i can send it enclosed in
    the envelope i previously sent it to verify i did send it on the june
    6th. it looks like i left off your suite number, anyhow advise me how
    you want to proceed. i will for sure take your negative feedback off and
    once again i apologize for assuming you were a thief, i just was mad
    cause i did send the package, i'm an honest person. anyhow, let me know
    what you want to do?

I replied that we would proceed with cancelling the purchase and he
    could relist/resell the pack. I personally do not want to deal with
    this type of person if it can be avoided.

it looks as though even the best sellers make mistakes (he originally had said he does this for a living and doesnt' make mistakes). oh well, i am satisfied and i need to retract my paypal bashing.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it worked out ok ldferg
    I don't think I would have wanted the item after than either - if he were smart and was as experienced as he said, he would have offered you a nice discount to complete the transaction. I think buying an 86F pack it scary anyway - was it graded?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    it was not graded. i knew i was taking a chance. i've purchased a few 86 packs here lately (all ungraded) trying to get a feel for who could be selling legit packs. kind of an expensive lesson. out of the ones i dealt with, one yielded nice results while the others were searched or opened. some offered refunds while the others pretty much said "sorry about your luck" when questioning the product.

i've not purchased a graded pack yet, that is next. keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    sorry to push this back to the top, but the user is now NARU'd....

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Can the neg be removed?
  • Options
    and his shill is naru'ed as well