Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

WOW! $300 shipping!

I was browsing for a lebron james auto and here's what I found in this auction: $300 shipping and $150 insurance REQUIRED!

RIP Snow

Comments

• dunerduner Posts: 625
    I love how he has 4-5 scans of the same auto's over and over to make it look like you're getting multiples....too bad he didn't photoshop out what they are numbered.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    that -ish is confusing..... dayum.

i read this a couple of times and seems like some jedi mindwarp -ish?

julen
    RIP GURU
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    The thing that's so ridiculous about this is that if someone bids on this card and doesn't see the shipping stipulations they're just not going to pay-- negative be damned. Which will mean, in all likelihood, a retaliatory neg from the bidder.

I'm all for tweaking the S&H costs to screw Ebay a little, but this is over the top.

• << <i>that -ish is confusing..... dayum.

i read this a couple of times and seems like some jedi mindwarp -ish?

julen >>

I couldn't even finish reading the description. I get a HA! The red font makes you not want to read it.

RIP Snow
  • I don't see how the hell he could list the "insurance" on this already - it's roughly 1% of the sale price. I guess he expects the bidding to hit 15G's image

Brian
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I couldn't even finish reading the description. I get a HA! The red font makes you not want to read it. >>

image Whats wrong with the font? I can read it just fine.
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭✭
    I just won thirteen 1958 Topps Baseball PSA 7's for $9 each. The auction listing states shipping charges of $4.25 for one card, but the seller says he will combine shipping. Within minutes I get an email with the total. 13 * $9 = $117 for the cards, plus $500 shipping and $3.85 for insurance = $620.85 total!!!! The seller is highly regarded, I'm guessing he meant $5.00 shipping.

Has anyone else noticed that ebay seems to be missing the decimal point a lot lately? In the last week, 2 bids I've entered of the form $20.01 registered as $2001.00. I'm not 100% sure that I didn't fat finger it, but 2 times (now 3 counting this seller) in a week after zero times in 5 years seems a little strange.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    detroit - if you miss the period and hit the comma, you will end up with that result.
    I've had a few bid retractions due to that.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.