Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Looking for 1956 Topps Baseball PSA 1- 3.

Good afternoon all,
been actively pursuing this set the past few weeks, and am looking forward to completing this set. Condition really isnt a factor for me, as this set is mainly for my son to have when he's old enough to appreciate them ( currently 2 1/2). Not looking to break the bank, which is why I'm mainly looking for PSA 1-5 in grade. I would love to pick up most of the stars in the set in PSA 1's and work my way up in grade once the set is completed. Need any and all that are available, I currently only have 20 that are all raw, that wil be sent in to PSA for grading. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Willing to trade some of my current cards, ie Topps Heritage from 01-05, have about 30 or so autos from the 5 year run, please inquire if interested. Also have some other autos and cards available for trade, but i will definitely buy also. If so inclined, please feel free to email me at StarWarsFan2003@gmail.com. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Best of Luck.
    Advice: For all the common cards, expand your search to PSA 4's and 5's. Most of those can be purchased or won on eBay for less than the grading fees.
    I'd recommend not grading your current commons if they are average quality. Even in bulk PSA whacks you for $7-8 dollars each for grading plus two way shipping costs.
    eBay can source you out with quite a lot of cards from this set in the grade range I mentioned for cheap, cheap, cheap!
    If funds are tight stick to PSA 1-3 on the stars, but 4,5,and even 6 commons at times should be readily available on the commons.
    Your son will thank you.
    RayBShotz
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    RayBShotz - Thanks for the kind words and great advice. I was actually looking at the PSA costs of grading my cards, and you are right they are a little pricey compared to some of the deals I saw on Ebay for graded cards. I think I will go that route, and just change my search terms to 1956 PSA, and that should help me greatly. Thanks again. Any more help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
  • Options
    BarkusDBarkusD Posts: 624
    I have a 56 Topps Killebrew in PSA 3 you can have for $25 delivered. The card looks super nice. I graded it thinking it is a PSA 6 or 7 and I didn't see a very faint surface wrinkle towards the bottom of the card. You have to hold the card at just the right angle to see the wrinkle. If you are interested email me at Barkusd@gtlaw.com or send me a PM.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    BarkusD - Thanks for the offer, YGM. Keep the post s coming guys, really need the help.
  • Options
    I have the following in PSA 5 I will sell for $30 delivered:

102 Jim Davis
    314 Hobie Landrith
    132 Bobby Avila
    225 Gil McDougald

Let me know,
    David
  • Options
    Levy23- I'll go $22 dlv'd for the 4 you listed. Let me know.

Barkus - A big thank you to you sir. Got the card and it looks great. Thanks again sir.

Still looking for low graded 1956 Topps Baseball. If anyone has any low graded filler that's taking up space, please let me know! Thanks
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a 56 Topps Killebrew in PSA 3 you can have for $25 delivered. The card looks super nice. I graded it thinking it is a PSA 6 or 7 and I didn't see a very faint surface wrinkle towards the bottom of the card. You have to hold the card at just the right angle to see the wrinkle. If you are interested email me at Barkusd@gtlaw.com or send me a PM. >>

These are *exactly* the cards you want. I'm building a Willie Mays collection and I've got both a 1959 and a 1961 PSA 5 with a tiny paper wrinkle. The cards are beautiful. (Check out the link in my sig for the 1961 and you'll see what I mean.) Square corners, great centering, great colors and gloss.

If you're after presentation and not perfection, you want the paper wrinkles.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks AJW, that is my sentiment exactly. I'm really not looking for perfection at the moment, it's more eye appeal and centering. I've had fantastic luck on Ebay, as Ive been able to pick up a lot of the commons for $5 or less each, which makes me quite happy. I'm currently thinking of picking up a Mantle PSA 1, as they have been selling in the $100-$125 range which is right up my alley. Once that's out of the way, it's only Teddy I really need to worry about (in my opinion). I know it'll take me a while to complete, but it's well worth it. Thank you for the kind words