Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1954-S PCGS certified Full Step Jefferson Nickels and other

Hello All,

The previous thread was a bit long for me to follow with. So far the website has both PCGS 1954-S Full Step Jefferson Nickels, a NGC MS66 1939-P QDR Jefferson Nickel FS-#022.5 (should be designated 5 Full Steps) and a color full 1938-D Jefferson Nickel (it is certified by ICG at MS67). I will be adding more close-up shots of the 1954-S Jefferson Nickels.

I started a small web page where you can view the photo's with more accuracy. The only buttons that work at this time are: Home, Contact and Photo's. I will be adding more high resolution pictures over the course of the next few days.

The address is: http://home.comcast.net/~coins4treasure

Thanks for looking at the pictures!

Best Regards,
Sandy

Comments

• stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    What price are your asking for your coins?
  • I am taking offers and choosing the best one. image

Thank you for the question.

Sandy
  • RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't get into this site either. It's asking for a password.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Hello Ronyahski,

I have this site opened in 3 browsers (Internet Explorer, FireFox and Netscape). If you cannot access it or if it is asking a for a password, copy and paste it into your browser window and try again. If there are other users who are trying to see the coins on the Comcast website and cannot access it, please either send me an email or pm. Thanks everyone.

The pictures are labeled...and I have not yet figured out how to create folders to seperate each coin. I know it is a pain to track through them all to see the few pictures your interested in, please be patient while I call ComCast to findout if and how to do this.

Best Regards,
    Sandy
    Got onto your site. I looked at the pictures of both the 54-S FS. They both appear to have raised collars, especially when viewed from the reverse. Do you think that they do?

PM sent.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Hello Ronyahski,

I don't think I am exactly qualified to answer that. I know what a partial collar is, but have no clue what a raised collar is. What is a raised collar? That has never been a factor for me in the building of my Jefferson Nickel sets, should it have been?

Best Regards,
    Sandy
    Sandy - Maybe I should have said "wire rim". A wire rim is the outermost portion of the collar of the coin having a thin raised portion, making the rim of the coin sharp to the touch. It is caused by excessive pressure from the strike forcing the coin between the lower die and collar surrounding the die.

I ask because I have a 54-S in PCGS65FS, and it has what appears to be a wire rim, as does another FS 54-S I saw a few years ago. Wondered if all FS 54-S show that characteristic.

I called it a raised collar because I recall a Coin World article a couple years ago that attributed FS 54-S nickels to something other than excessive strike, even though the coin they were examining had a portion of the coin's collar that was raised, but did not call it a wire rim. Something about the planchet being caught up. I'm looking for that article, know I saved it somewhere. Does anyone else remember it?
  • I have examined 4 certified 1954-S Jefferson's they all appear to have a / rim. One even of the non-FS (up for re-grading) has a double rim, or two raised rim area's. Is that important...its pretty much common-place right. I have seen that on a quite a few nickels.

Best Regards,
    Sandy