Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Great experience with AJ's in Toronto

I just returned from a hockey tournament in Toronto. During the visit I convinced some of my sons teammates and their dads to make the short trip to visit AJ Cards. Harvey Goldfarb couldn't have been any nicer to our boys. We spent about an hour at his shop and even the "non collectors" bought some neat stuff. My son was a really easy customer (changing his mind about every 5 minutes)...and Harvey was just so personable that each of the dads commented about it. Our trip resulted in 3 new hobbyists. If you're ever in Toronto, I highly reccommend the visit.

Regards,

Alan

Comments

• Options
    GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Alan:

Does he post things on ebay? Seems like ive heard good before.

• Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Yes. However, I look at EBAY as more of a wholesale outlet and I think AJ's caters to more retail.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭

Harvey is top notch. One of the best dealers out there.

I highly recommend Gerry Chartrand @ Gerry's Sportscards also.

My two picks for the best in customer service.

JMO, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    They are both great guys (father son duo). They have decent graded baseball too, a little pricey however. Still, in this day in age its great to see high calibre dealers such as them doing well. I saw them a few times at the international centre card expo in TO before I moved to no mans land in Alberta.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    rustywillyrustywilly Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Alan-thanks for the note. I'm actually in Toronto for the next two weeks to attend training for work. It appears I'll need to stop by and pay them a visit one of the days. I've had several great dealings with them over the years.

Mark
  • Options
    I believe he sells on ebay under the name "theiceking"