Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Reggie rookie...what would it grade?

I got this a while back in an obscure auction a while back from (ebay tag) room_to_spare_auctioneering. They titled it real poorly and actaully the Sosa Leaf rookie PSA 9 that I asked about came from this lot. It also came with 89 score Sheffieldand Johnson, 82 D Rip, 88 d Grace, 86 Donruss Rookies Bonds(which also fetched a PSA 9), 90 D Griff??, 83 F Boggs(which is a strong 8/ borderline 9), 83 F Sandburg, and 84 t Mattingly. The ones mentioned above were pictured and the Reggie was a bonus when the package came. The lot was titled something like "rookie cards," no year, make or names were in the title.

Anywhoo, I was wondering any opinions on what this would grade, what it could sell for at the grade you assign, and what you think it could sell for raw.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    I would say PSA 4 or 5. It has soft corners and edge. It's Off Center also but the centering falls within the PSA 5 grade I believe.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the condition of the corners and the lower right edge, I'd expect no higher than a 4.

SMR on a 5 is $85, so I'd think it would get around $40, maybe $50.

Steve
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    I would say 4... looks a bit too worn for a 5.

Selling it... probably would come out about the same either way after factoring in grading/shipping costs. It would cost you $12 plus a portion of the total shipping charges to get that card PSA graded, I think it would be difficult to justify with that card.
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭

My 1969 PSA 4 for comparison. I think I got lucky with this one. The Reggie I would put at 4 or a slider 5.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I agree. It should be a 4. sell it raw.

GG