Home Sports Talk
Options

The Yankees Have Been Playing Poorly

but Boston is not far behind. Boston lost again and Baltimore is getting walloped by a barely .400 team, so considering how crappy the Yankees have been playing they are still right in the race with over 100 games to play.

Comments

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Next post will be Axtey to ant-spam me or stown to tell us how much more the Yankees are making then the Cardinals.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The Sox lost a tough one today, and yesterday for that matter. But, one key difference is that we have been playing basically all season without our number one starting pitcher. The rest of the staff has been brilliant at times, but lately - it shows signs of missing it's ace. Hopefully, that will change soon...
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    Honestly the entire AL East is playing poorly. A nice hot streak by any one team (including the Yanks) will pull someone out of this mediocre pack.

JMO, Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    True.

Well the Orioles were playing well but I believe their recent mediocre play has to do with some injuries. Injuries should not really be an excuse because teams should have enough depth to overcome the injuries, unless of course the whole team is injured.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    You are a master of the obvious. Next level - master of the unobvios.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Sox lost a tough one today, and yesterday for that matter. But, one key difference is that we have been playing basically all season without our number one starting pitcher. The rest of the staff has been brilliant at times, but lately - it shows signs of missing it's ace. Hopefully, that will change soon... >>

What the heck is meant by a tough one, they got blown out Friday, only reason they weren't blown out Saturday 7-3 was 3 runs given up by the cubbies worst pitchers in the ninth. Tough lmao...guess again, they got clobbered.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The AL East will not have a wildcard team ... Boston will win the division.

Baltimore does not have the pitching and it is now obvious to many the Yankees are not a "team", and that is why they are losing. The pitching staff is overrated. When Schilling comes back, the Sox will make a break from the pack.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree - Schilling's return will be a big boost to the Sox.

If the Yank's ace was gone all year (I realize they don't really have an "ace" anyway, but you get the point) they might be 10 games under .500 by now, instead of only 2.

IrishMike - I stand corrected.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Uh Sox fans, Pedro is gone, Lowe is gone and Schilling is problematic, since none of you seem to realize that thought I would clue you in. image Anyway lots of luck as I root for anyone but the yanks.
  • Options