Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Good Buy or Too Much to Drink?

Last night I thought these were good buys...

...This morning I think I had too much to drink.

What do you guys think? Do you think they are real 55's and 56's? Were there reprints made from those years?

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Who can tell with those scans?

Lee
  • Options
    Looks like a lot are OC or badly OC. Might want to cut back on the Jagermeisters after 9:00.....
  • Options
    dunerduner Posts: 625
    i stopped ebaying after drinking a long time ago... i think you should too!
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zef

image+ No Paypal + Poor Scans = Disaster!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I doubt they are reprints, since there are a few OC cards.

More info from seller who appears to know nothing about how to scam............or cards in general make help you.....

Let us know...........Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

That's all I can hope for lostdart. The other bidders seemed to collect a lot of vintage so I thought I was onto something, but rather I was ON something...Oh well, we'll see how bad they are in a week or so.

I haven't had an experience since college, something that looks good thru blurred vision turns out to be a dog in the morning.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

"experience like that" I meant to say
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"experience like that" I meant to say >>

Zef
    Did you pay yet? There is nothing in their description about return policy. You could always contact the seller and ask her if you don't like the cards or you feel they are not what you expected - "can I have a refund?" Or, tell her you were captured by aliens and they "forced" you to bid and you would pay all here ebay fees to relist the items?
    Just some thoughts.

But, if you buy them - best of luck - you could get lucky? Not everyone who is new is scamming. The name in the end was Sunni - and from Washington area I believe - maybe she has a "sunny" disposition? image

mike
    Mike
  • Options

Yeah I paid already. She e-mailed back already to and said the cards would go out on Monday, so we shall see. I figure if they are at least remotely clean I can sell them individually and hopefully get my $$ back.

If they are really ugly when I get them a may see if she would agree to some type of refund, I have never asked that of a seller but ya never know.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I think you'll be OK, at least with the 56's, if they are not creased. The Dodger team alone will carry the third lot you scanned, and you did get a HOFer that isn't horribly centered in the other. You may be pleasantly surprised as a collector--as an investor, you won't make or lose much either way, IMO.
    Todd Schultz (taslegal@hotmail.com)
    ebay id: nolemmings
  • Options
    TipemTipem Posts: 881

I would say that they are legit just because of the OC cards.If the Dodgers team card is nice I would grade it.If it pulls an "8",it will sell for 500-600 on the Bay.Most of those cards are high pops and not hard to find in "8's" .I wouldn't grade anything that isn't that high or OC.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    Don't drink and bid!
    Good Luck! image
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    zef,

grasshopper says you make wise decision in your alcohol-induced visions.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cards look real but the borders look too white for the grades. Cards probably have been bleached.

Steve
  • Options

Here are some of the 55's and I think the whole lot is unaltered...

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions