Home Stamps Forum
Options

How's the stamp market?

ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
Tell me, how is the stamp market today?

When I was a kid, stamps and coins were all the rage in my house and at school (mid 70's). I still have my collectin somewhere at my parents house.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!

Comments

• Options
    Did you put hinges on the back to place in an album like most stamp collectors did?

Jerry
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    I did not use hinges on unused stamps (didn't seem right). Only stamps that were cancelled got hinges.

I remember collecting plate blocks and I have a full sheet of 100 stamps that were orange with an eagle and the letter A in the corner ($0.15), but given the fact that I was a kid, the collection was never really anything big. I'd be surprised if everything put together is worth $100.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    I think I was in first grade when I got introduced to stamp collecting. I put hinges on Everything. The only catalog book we had (I guess it was Scott) just listed Used & Unused. I didn't have a clue what I had done until the 80s when I got interested in Confederate States Stamps and bought a Harris catalog. I then saw all the different price ranges between OG, NH, LN, etc.

Jerry