Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How do you get the free grading when your over 75% on the registry?

Can someone send me a link, i'm due a freebie.

GG

Comments

• Options
    Free Grading. We recognize that not every card in every important collection has been graded by PSA. In order to encourage participation in the PSA Set Registry program when your set reaches 75% complete, you are entitled to the following free grading benefits:

If the set composition is 1-50 cards you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 51-150 cards you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 151-300 cards you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 301+ cards you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
    Free gradings are for cards within the set that has reached 75% completion. You should request your free gradings with the intent to either add or upgrade your set with the cards that are being graded for free. You cannot submit the same card twice for free grades. All cards must be submitted at one time. If your set has reached 75% complete, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number. You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings. It is your responsibility to pay for postage and insurance.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Also include the actual name you gave your set in the email to them. I was asked for that.
  • Options
    So, can I combine this free submissioin with other cards to be graded? don't tell me I have to pay for shipping to and from for one "free" card. that is practically what it would cost to just add it to the regular submission. Is this right?

GG
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Yeah. You do. It sucks...I know. I just sent in my "free" one for my All Time Rushers set. I don't think there is a guaranteed turnaround time either. For one free submission it's not really a "deal". I suppose on the big sets when you get 5 free ones it's worth a bit more.
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So, can I combine this free submissioin with other cards to be graded? don't tell me I have to pay for shipping to and from for one "free" card. that is practically what it would cost to just add it to the regular submission. Is this right?

GG >>

The free submission(s) have to have their own separate submission form. I have just reached 75% on my 72 set. They are sending my the submission form since I am not a member of the collectors club. At the same time I have accumulated numerous free submissions from the various team sets from the 72 set. It is my intention to submit ALL the free submissions at the same time in the same box to PSA. I am making a big assumption that they will charge me one shipping/handling fee.

Perhaps I am making TOO BIG of an assumption........
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    HEre is a question for ya....are ya able to take advantage of this offer when doing a set with cards graded by PSA if your NOT a member of PSA...ie...didnt pay the 100 dollars in order to submit?????

loth
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>HEre is a question for ya....are ya able to take advantage of this offer when doing a set with cards graded by PSA if your NOT a member of PSA...ie...didnt pay the 100 dollars in order to submit?????

loth >>

Yes.........a most definitive yes.....
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    so they will give you 5 free grades WITHOUT a membership?? or they wont???

loth
  • Options
    i never heard of this - sweet - now off to find some raw psa 10's...