Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

why are ike's fugly

Amazing the coin you find ugliest is the coin you have to most of.... mine is ikes. My father past away a few years ago (in canada) and he had some 20 ikes he stashed away. I bought a small estate and got another thirty some of them... most of them are ok but gosh I find them ugly...image
There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye

Comments

  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭


    << <i>image

    Russ, NCNE >>



    It's a dog, Russ.image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>It's a dog, Russ. >>



    It's not in inventory. image

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭


    << <i>

    << <i>It's a dog, Russ. >>



    It's not in inventory. image

    Russ, NCNE >>



    Damn!image
  • Options
    maybe it is just me... or him.. but still fugly..

    image
    There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    Maybe you just don't like Ike. I like the proof coins just fine. They are big, display cameo contrast and some are interestingly toned.

    image
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140 ✭
    Smoe of them can be nice! image

    image
  • Options
    ERER Posts: 7,345 ✭


    << <i>Smoe of them can be nice! image

    image >>



    Woof! Woof!image
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146 ✭
    remember supercoin`s alien ike?
    stunning for an ike.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Ike.image
  • Options
    image
    image

    image
    image

    I like Ike!

    image
    TPN
  • Options


    << <i>

    << <i>Smoe of them can be nice! image

    image >>



    Woof! Woof!image >>



    Maybe I should put 1 on a lightbulb, and one in the oven.... and see if they look betterimage
    There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    Maybe you just don't like Ike. I like the proof coins just fine. They are big, display cameo contrast and some are interestingly toned.

    carlwohlforth-- Proof Ikes are ok by me too. I have to say the one you posted looks like a transvest-IKE!!

    image
  • Options
    <looks like a transvest-IKE!! >

    Ha, Ha! Good one. I'd bet 'ol Ike would just hate to be called Pink (or Red)...

    OK, here is a different one:
    image
  • Options
    carlcarl Posts: 2,054 ✭
    I know what you mean. I had about 50 or more of them and just started to spend them for the fun of seeing the look on peoples faces. Oddly enough almost all of them are from the early 70's, in poor condition so no big loss.
    Carl
  • Options
    Ha, Ha! Good one. I'd bet 'ol Ike would just hate to be called Pink (or Red)...

    Thanks!

    And for political reasons, I'm sure he definately wouldn't want to be called Red!!

    And yes-- your latest Ike post is much less gender-bendy!!



    image
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    With the right toning and or a very high grade in MS or PR,

    the Ike dollar can be a most handsome coin.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    It'll take more than killer toning and nice luster to win me over on Ikes. Ditto for Barber coinage, evil stinking Barber coinage.
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>It'll take more than killer toning and nice luster to win me over on Ikes. Ditto for Barber coinage, evil stinking Barber coinage. >>



    well, as a photographer, it's your job to make them look good!

    Get to work. image
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    Ike may not be as hansome as J.F.K., but I like the reverse of the Ike dollar alot. With the moonscape and a very nice eagle.
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

    (Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file