Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I BELIEVE A WHOLE NEW CAN OF WORMS MIGHT HAVE BEEN OPENED AT THE MINT....

People are beginning to report the quality of their 2005 Mint Sets as they come in. Let me just describe the two sets that I got yesterday with one word:

STUNNING.

I ordered two sets (first order) and then three sets (second order). I received my first order yesterday and only had about 10 mins to look at the two sets under magnification.

Out of the 4 lincolns, I would say 3 are 67 and one of them is a LOCK 68. One of the 2005-P Lincolns is nicer than any of the 2000-2004 MS68RD's that I own. I even looked at the quarters and they are stunning!!! I took some great pics (very large)...but I can never get my pics smaller than 50K to post!

I understand that some people got bad sets...but these things...in my opinion are a step above what they have put out in the past. I have a feeling that we may be seeing MS69's now as frequently as we are seeing MS68's in all denominations if the mint keeps up this quality. THESE THINGS ARE BRILLIANT ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    That's great news. I can't wait to get mine!!!!!
  • Options
    mademanmademan Posts: 431 ✭✭
    I am lovin it!!!!!!!! mine are similar but someone brought up a good point -will the coins be graded as SMS or as regular MS coins? Only time will tell but I am glad I bought 8 sets. Thanks Don/Mr. Mademan--there is no such thing as the Mafia
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭
    Had an email notice yesterday, that my sets had been shipped. image
    Dan
  • Options

I don't know but some of the sets I got look just the same as last year. Same crumby Denver's but the Philly Kennedy halves look very nice!

Larry
    Dabigkahuna
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Interesting that the quality of the sets are varying so much. I thought for a second that the US Mint was going to show some improvement or at the very least...some consistency. We'll see just how consistent they really are...when I get my second order of 3 sets in the coming weeks....

• Options
    quarterguyquarterguy Posts: 449 ✭✭
    Got my mint sets a few days ago and they are awesome. I have never seen so many high grade coins in mint sets ever. Not sure if this will be true in all sets but the 50 I have looked at....wow....Look for some lofty grades in all denominations this year.
  • Options
    A quick poll--how many of you are holding back some of your mint sets to sell later? Don/MM
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭
    By holding, do you mean unopened?
    Dan
  • Options
    Yes I do mean unopened, thanks catching that Dan- PS--- I also have an update- I just got my next group of six sets, I was shocked when the box was a little crumpled but worse was to come when I opened the box and the sets were all over the place. The box was a little to big and the packer put nothing in the box to keep the coins from banging around. It gets worse( don't ya love it) one of the mint set box's flaps was unglued. Oh well I opened 3 of the sets and 2 were SH_T and one was beautiful. So I now ask again - will others( I know I will) leave any mint sets unopen in the card bord box. thanks Don
  • Options
    ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    Nope, opened all of mine. Got my other 3 sets yesterday....and believe it or not...they are even better than the 2 I posted about the other day!