Home Sports Talk
Options

Yankees Blow Another One

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
They've lost 7 of 8.

They have a $200 million payroll and are currently 28-28...team ERA is 4.66(!), and team batting average is under .270.

I guess karma is real huh?

Kevin Brown is given a 2-0 lead, and promptly blows it. The Yankees feasted on a weak schedule, but now, given competitive teams, are showing their real colors.

I'll say it again:

The spankees will NOT make the playoffs.

And coincidence that Spamboy hasn't made but a couple posts during this skid, while when they were winning, he was here posting EVERY day? Oh wait I hear the excuses coming now: "My life doesn't revolve around a messageboard"....but it does when the yanks are winning?

Comments

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

The Yankees will make the playoffs.

How are your Marineers faring this year?
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    gemmy you and I usually agree on baseball.. i watch the yanks and i see a black cloud for you man.. you guys need help and your farm system is depleted and you have no trade value.

THAT BEING MENTIONED!!!!!

AXTELL YOU REMEMBER OUR BET RIGHT?????

METS VS. MARINERS WHO EVER WINS 2 OF 3 THE OTHER GUY ( ME VS. YOU) HAS TO HAVE CHOICE OF THE LOGO IN YOUR SIG LINE FOR THE WINNER!! for 1 HOLE WEEK!!

I MIGHT ACTUALLY, IF I WIN(LOL) MAKE YOU PUT A DALLAS COWBOY IN YOUR SIG LINE!

We only like 10 days away i cant wait!!!
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I heard that Kevin Brown has a lot of time to sign through the mail these days. I managed to find his address on another site:

Kevin Brown
    The Woodshed
    Room 12
    Tampa, Florida
    USA

if he is away send it to the same address but room 11 and address it c/o Jason Giambi
  • Options
    Kuhlman how can I forget? The M's have been playing some good ball as of late, and Richie Sexson has been swinging the bat much better. Eddie G is leading the league in saves, and things are looking brighter.

That being said, the Yankees spend over $110 MILLION MORE than the M's, so I'd hope they'd be more than 5 wins better.

• Options
    No room for smack here in KC - I'm just glad to see the Central playing so well.

As for the Yankees, if I remember correctly, they have almost $150 million committed next year to mostly the same plaers. I think they need some new, inexpensive blood in the organization......JMO
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>They've lost 7 of 8. >>

Update - 8 of 9.

And, they are losing to the likes of the Royals and Brewers.

Can you fit a whole team behind the woodshed?
  • Options

<<The spankees will NOT make the playoffs>>

Pretty easy to say that now that they have had a poor start. You should try to get a job for the Psychic Network, er I meant Pyscho Network.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<The spankees will NOT make the playoffs>>

Pretty easy to say that now that they have had a poor start. You should try to get a job for the Psychic Network, er I meant Pyscho Network. >>

Pot meet kettle

<< <i><<Sunday June 05, 2005 11:38 PM

The Yankees will make the playoffs.>> >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    It's funny that a certain someone starts a thread about the Red Sox losing last night because his spankees lost too.

However, the Red Sox lost to the Cardinals...remember, St. Louis made it the world series last year and are 17 games over .500 and are leading their division.

The Brewers are 3 games under .500.

So who really choked last night?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    BAWAHAHAHA!

Brown, Kevin $ 15,714,286
    Crosby , Bubba $ 322,950
    Flaherty, John $ 800,000
    Giambi, Jason $ 13,428,571
    Gordon, Tom $ 3,750,000
    Jeter, Derek $ 19,600,000
    Johnson, Randy $ 16,000,000
    Karsay, Steve $ 6,000,000
    Martinez, Tino $ 2,750,000
    Matsui, Hideki $ 8,000,000
    Mussina, Mike $ 19,000,000
    Pavano, Carl $ 9,000,000
    Phillips, Andy $ 317,200
    Posada, Jorge $ 11,000,000
    Quantrill, Paul $ 3,000,000
    Rivera, Mariano $ 10,500,000
    Rodriguez, Alex $ 26,000,000
    Rodriguez, Felix $ 3,150,000
    Sanchez, Rey $ 600,000
    Sheffield, Gary $ 13,000,000
    Sierra, Ruben $ 1,500,000
    Stanton, Mike $ 4,000,000
    Sturtze, Tanyon $ 850,000
    Williams, Bernie $ 12,357,143
    Womack, Tony $ 2,000,000
    Wright, Jaret $ 5,666,667

Edited to add:

The Dream Team... The, um, "best" money could buy image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Those Yankees'
  • Options
    Axtell Sunday June 05, 2005 9:17 PM

They've lost 7 of 8.

They have a $200 million payroll and are currently 28-28...team ERA is 4.66(!), and team batting average is under .270.

I guess karma is real huh?

Kevin Brown is given a 2-0 lead, and promptly blows it. The Yankees feasted on a weak schedule, but now, given competitive teams, are showing their real colors.

I'll say it again:

The spankees will NOT make the playoffs.

And coincidence that Spamboy hasn't made but a couple posts during this skid, while when they were winning, he was here posting EVERY day? Oh wait I hear the excuses coming now: "My life doesn't revolve around a messageboard"....but it does when the yanks are winning?

Expert Extraordinaire. Yes, very weak schedule.
  • Options
    Spammy.

You know how I hate the yankees...they are everything that is wrong with baseball not having a salary cap. They see every other team as their minor league system, and think they can buy championships.

However, with no talent left in the pool (or are we going to hear about Cano and Wang again?), they will get no more deals midseason, which are critical to address weaknesses in teams.

Until they refill the farm (they won't), they won't win another championship.

• Options
    <<they won't win another championship>>

Have you upgraded the Yankees to playoff status? image
  • Options

<< <i><<they won't win another championship>>

Have you upgraded the Yankees to playoff status? image >>

Moron.

Nice way to take my post out of context.

• Options

<< <i>or are we going to hear about Cano and Wang again >>

To hear the morons on the "YES" network tell it (I'm sure they have to say this kind of stuff, but regardless) - Cano is the next Rod Carew!!!!

There simply aren't enough laughing icons for that one...
  • Options
    Actually it was Joe Torre who said Cano reminds him of a young Rod Carew. The morons you speak of were just quoting Torre.
  • Options
    Wow - I had no idea that actually came from Torre...you have to admit, it is a bit far-fetched, no?

This is the same guy that Arizona rejected last year as part of a potential deal for a whiny Randy Johnson. All of a sudden, a star is born? Wang is actually pitching better than guys like Pavano and Brown - good thing you guys have him at the moment.
  • Options
    Yeah, they said that Yankees had nothing in their Farm System. It looks like nothing is something. What were the scouts thinking?
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, they said that Yankees had nothing in their Farm System. It looks like nothing is something. What were the scouts thinking? >>

Well if they are playing for the yankees, they AREN'T in the farm system now are they?

And just like everything else in NY land, everything is overinflated...you have 2 players who have fair first halves and then suddenly they are the next hall of fame players.

• Options
    <<Well if they are playing for the yankees, they AREN'T in the farm system now are they?>>

Circular reasoning. You are something else!!!!
  • Options
    << Axtell Sunday June 05, 2005 9:17 PM

They've lost 7 of 8........I'll say it again: The spankees will NOT make the playoffs.>>

Okidoke