Home Sports Talk
Options

fights

pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
seems to be alot of boxing fans, but no mma people on here? i have a feeling that alot of people will be jumping on the bandwagon in a few months, though.. last nights show was a good one.. EVERY weight division is STACKED..

...and jim carrey will kick your ass..

·p_A·

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Is that the show that is on Spike? That is a funny likeness.

Stingray
  • Options

<< <i>Is that the show that is on Spike? >>

last nights was a PPV show, but yeah, spikeTV is really helping to build a larger audience for the sport..

edit - and BTW, i stole the likeness from somebody else, but i thought it was good..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

blah.. even though it appears nobody here is interested, i felt compelled to share a highlite video..

download it if you want it.. it might take a few minutes to download..
    http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I6NUQHH9QWU02AY86LKRZKL6Y

and here's a boxing video.. Julian Jackson RUINS herol graham.. http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=14TTHC1BY78EN1A9CVC24YISDV
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Perry - what's the main difference between MMA and the UFC? I have been to a couple of the UFC cards live, and saw some crazy stuff there...
  • Options

<< <i>Perry - what's the main difference between MMA and the UFC? I have been to a couple of the UFC cards live, and saw some crazy stuff there... >>

no difference.. mma is "mixed martial arts".. the UFC is just a brand name, but there are alot of other organizations also, "Pride" is the big organization in Japan, and of course there are small local competitions all over the country.. some have slightly different rules than others..

which UFC shows did you go to? ive actually never attended a UFC.. just smaller shows..

i consider "mma" a sport, and the UFC & Pride are like the NFL of mma (if that makes any sense)..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Very cool to watch. Those dudes are awesome atheletes and competitors. Not enough expose as yet.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool to watch. Those dudes are awesome atheletes and competitors. Not enough expose as yet. >>

it will be mainstream soon..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Perry, thanks for the clarification -

I was at UFC 50 last year in Atlantic City, but I had terrible seats (last minute). I saw Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes win matches - and two years ago, I saw UFC 45 (I think that was the number) in Connecticut (Hughes again, but I wanted to see "Tank" Abbott fight, and he lost!)...both nights were a lot of fun though, and the crowd was really into it. I used to attend a lot of boxing matches, but the UFC was a much better show. Those guys are seriously tough athletes...
  • Options

<< <i>Perry, thanks for the clarification -

I was at UFC 50 last year in Atlantic City, but I had terrible seats (last minute). I saw Tito Ortiz and Matt Hughes win matches - and two years ago, I saw UFC 45 (I think that was the number) in Connecticut (Hughes again, but I wanted to see "Tank" Abbott fight, and he lost!)...both nights were a lot of fun though, and the crowd was really into it. I used to attend a lot of boxing matches, but the UFC was a much better show. Those guys are seriously tough athletes... >>

awesome.. matt hughes is a beast.. Tank just recently knocked the F*** out of Wesley Correira in hawaii..

i just watched Michael Westbrook -vs- Jerrad Bunch when they fought at King of the Cage earlier this year.. it was interesting just because it was 2 NFL guys fighting a mixed martial arts match.. heh..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Michael Westbrook -vs- Jerrad Bunch when they fought at King of the Cage earlier this year >>

So who won that fight?
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Michael Westbrook -vs- Jerrad Bunch when they fought at King of the Cage earlier this year >>

So who won that fight? >>

westbrook won by submission.. Bunch had a huge weight advantage, but once he got taken to the ground, he didnt know what to do..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

ttt

good fights coming on SpikeTV at 11pm
    ·p_A·
  • Options

ttt

PrideFC fights coming on FoxSportsNet at 9pm.. first time theyve ever been shown on free tv in the U.S...
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Stephen Bonner got robbed tonite!!

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Stephen Bonner got robbed tonite!!

SD >>

oh man, yeah that was a great fight, though.. i was watching the other network last night, you didnt miss much, they edited out a whole lot of the FOxSportsNet fights, the best one was getting to watch CroCops brutal high kick that almost took Igors head off..

Bonnar is a tough SOB..

dont forget to watch the premier of "Ultimate Fighter 2" tonight on Spike!

·p_A·
  • Options

also, I think Chuck Liddell will be throwing out the first pitch on August 24th when the Diamondbacks take on the Mets.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I can't imagine they would show unedited UFC type fights on regular cable. It wasn't long ago that they banned this sport from many arenas, only certain states could host the fights.
  • Options

<< <i>I can't imagine they would show unedited UFC type fights on regular cable. It wasn't long ago that they banned this sport from many arenas, only certain states could host the fights. >>

they will, the sport is very quickly becoming mainstream.. SpikeTV already shows uncensored fights.. i dont know why FSN censored theirs, but oh well..

mixed martial arts is the greatest sport in the world, and i'm gonna continue to pimp it.. image
    ·p_A·