Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Did any of you hockey collectors bid/win anything from the Classic Collectibles auction?

I wanted this but money's tight right now so I couldn't bid.

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanaticbaseballfanatic Posts: 2,415 ✭✭
    And to think that Lindros only cost the Flyers Peter Forsberg, Ron Hextall, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Chris Simon, Mike Ricci, two first round draft picks, and cash.............
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Nah, tons of cool stuff in that auction, but nothing I truly needed. (As if cards are on par with food and shelter to begin with.) Plus I just spent tons of dough on old-time hockey in last week's Mile High Auction.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    phreakydancinphreakydancin Posts: 1,691 ✭✭
    Pretty sad that a former Hart Trophy winner couldn't score $1000.00 for a rare junior jersey. Now he's known more for his fragility than his scoring prowess. How the mighty have fallen.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Sidney Crosby's junior jersey would probbaly fetch two or three times that- and he has yet to play a pro game!
  • Options
    Yawie - what did you get in the Mile High?
    C56, V252, V128-1 sets
    Hall of Famers from all 4 sports
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    A 50 percent share of the '23-24 Wm. Paterson set. I'm not yet sure how my partner and I will split things up - I now have a good reason to go to the National, though - but it's tentatively looking like I'll get the Morenz (an SGC 2) and King Clancy rookies, which would fill two huge holes in my set. I'm also hoping to upgrade some of my current low-grade stuff and figure I'll then sell off the rest.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage