Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

does the darkside have market crashes?

Are there market crashes like there are in the lightside?Also do lightside market crashes effect the darkside market?

Comments

• spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Which part of it? image

That's the thing with the Darkside.. it's not a single market. The British coin market may fluctuate differently than the German, and within each of those the medieval stuff may move differently than the modern, etc, etc.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    I suspect that when the lightside crashes the darkside will crash too, especially slabbed coins.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these markets do move independently. Indeed, some are so large
    that they have various segments which also move independently. World wide
    events could push them in tandem and to some degree this seems to be hap-
    pening now with the huge wealth increases in Asia and other parts of the world.
    Tempus fugit.

• << <i>I suspect that when the lightside crashes the darkside will crash too, especially slabbed coins. >>

US coins are widely collected in the US but not so much in other countries. Ancient coins are collected around the world & so are less sensitive to what happens in any one country (due to more generalized market support).

Certainly one country can be "hot" while another is not, then slow down.

Also, collecting patterns can change. George Washington medals were once more popular and widely collected in the US than they are today.
    "Think of the Press as a great keyboard on which the Government can play" – Joseph Goebbels

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" - William Colby, former CIA director
  • GDJMSPGDJMSP Posts: 799
    All markets can suffer crashes.
    knowledge ........ share it